z

Young Writers Society

Hi, i'm Alana :)

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:51 pm
View Likes
alanadono123 says...

Hey everyone! So basically i've found myself here because i've been writing ever since I can remember and i've always dreamed of writing a story of my own. I'm basically forcing myself to begin and trying to get over the fear of imperfection! As a perfectionist, that will be very hard for me haha. That's pretty much it really! If anyone out there has any tips or advice on starting a project like this, (I don't even know where to begin) I would love to know!

- Alana

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:03 pm
Virgil says...

Welcome to the site, Alana! Starting a new project can be difficult, especially when there's an inner editor inside you telling you to fix the mistakes you've made during the first draft. My advice is: just write. Get the first draft done and then do all of the editing in the later drafts.

If you have any questions about the site, don't be afraid to ask me or any other name in green or red! I hope you end up loving the site as much as I do.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:40 pm
View Likes
alanadono123 says...

Thanks Nikayla! I'm excited to be a part of the site :)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:08 pm
alliyah says...

Welcome Alana! I'm looking forward to seeing you around the site! Best of luck in your writing! :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:02 pm
alanadono123 says...

Thank you Alliyah :)

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:19 pm
RubyRed says...

Hello, Alana! And welcome to YWS! (:
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:38 pm
alanadono123 says...

Thank you!

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:47 am
TheStormAroundMe says...

Hey, Alana! Your name makes me think of a character from Dear Evan Hansen on Broadway... I like it.

I'm like you as far as perfectionism. I start a project, and then panic when it doesn't turn out like I plan. Then I ditch it. Here's to hoping that we'll both complete something eventually. When you have works up, just tag me in them. I'd love to review!
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:16 am
alanadono123 says...

Thank you for your reply! I'm slightly obsessed with Dear Evan Hansen at the moment so that means a lot, haha. That exact thing happens to me, I've started forcing myself to sit down and just write something. I'm realising it's better done than perfect and barely started, you know? I sure will, thanks again :)

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
— Marcel Proust