z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

Reviews: 2
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:22 pm
Cflorence21 says...

Hi everyone! My names Courtney and I'm 21 years old. I live in a small town in Ohio and reading is my addiction!! I've always wanted to be a writer but I don't think id be good enough. I have this idea for a paranormal romance novel and it's been eating at me for awhile. I just don't know where to begin. Can anyone help me out?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:42 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hi Courtney and welcome to YWS! It's great to meet you. :)

First thing you need to do is shake off those feelings of doubt! Believe in yourself, girl! Keep writing, keep working hard, and one day, you will be a published author. You can do it :) all it takes it time, luck, and practice.

The best part about this is that we're all here to help you out. If you post your works here, you'll get reviews, which will help you learn how to improve your writing skills. If you have a chapter already written, feel free to head on over to the publishing center and post it so we can leave you some feedback :)

If you need anything at all, feel free to pm me!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:51 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Hey, Courtney, welcome! Like Iggy says, you can definitely post your work here and let the reviewers take a look at it. You can learn a lot from their reviews. :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:57 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

Welcome to the site, Courtney! I hope you love it here as much as I do.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:30 am
View Likes
jimss23 says...

Welcome! If you ever want a review or anything please let me know!
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:37 am
Cflorence21 says...

Can someone please explain how we get points?! LOL

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:43 am
sheysse says...

Find a work you want to offer constuctive criticism to, then go to the bottom and write up a review of the piece, offering suggestions. Make sure to hit the review button. You will receive points based on the number of characters in your review, max of 100 points for 1000+ character review. A bonus 25 points will be received if the review is on a piece in the green room, which can be accessed from the top right corner.

Have fun reviewing!

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:52 am
Cflorence21 says...

There's actually something I just posted about an idea for a book I'm wanting to write. I'd really appreciate the reviews. I need opinions!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:53 am
Iggy says...

Hi again, Courtney!

I'm gonna refund you your 200 points. :) Reason being is that the publishing center is more so for your works than your ideas. If you want, you can post your ideas here for feedback and critique. That way, you can save your points for an actual work. Of course, you don't have to if you don't want to, but I thought I would make you aware of that forum for future use :) I recommend reading the descriptions for all the forums to find out what goes where.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:37 pm
rainforest says...

Welcome to YWS!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn