z

Young Writers Society

Intro

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri May 19, 2017 3:22 pm
View Likes
Ken95 says...

Hi all,I'm ken and I'm so glad to be a member of this great site. My thanks goes to the admin for creating this world for unleashing wild creativity and to all the members here as well

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri May 19, 2017 3:59 pm
alliyah says...

Welcome to the site ken! :) If you need any help navigating the site feel free to reach out to myself or the other moderators (those in green or red usernames) and we'll point you in the right direction. I hope you enjoy the site and best of luck in all of your writing!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri May 19, 2017 4:13 pm
Lumi says...

Welcome to YWS, ken! I hope you love it here as much as I do! To get you started, I'd love to check out your writing! You can post it for reviews and critiques through The Publishing Center, which is at the top of every YWS page. The site has something for everyone, and we take a lot-lot-lot-lot of pride in that and always strive to improve, so if you find yourself wanting for more, be sure to ask! You never know what you or we may be missing out on! ;)

Hit me up if you have any questions!
Lumi
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed May 24, 2017 5:08 am
Featherstone says...

Welcome to the site! I hope you find it as enjoyable as I have :D
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

25 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 25
Wed May 24, 2017 10:05 pm
Gringoamericano says...

Welcome to the site! What kind of stuff do you write?
"Can't break an omelette without making a few eggs"

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:04 am
Virgil says...

Welcome to YWS, Ken! Glad to have you on the site, and I can't wait to see what you'll do.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 am
Lightsong says...

Hey Ken, thanks for complimenting the site! <3 Hopefully you have a wonderful time here and hit me up if there's anything you want to ask. :)
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:07 am
deleted21 says...

Welcome to the family, Ken! :)

22 Reviews

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:34 am
Ken95 says...

Gringoamericano wrote:Welcome to the site! What kind of stuff do you write?
Short stories, fictions and poetry.. Wbu??

Sent from my M823 using Tapatalk

22 Reviews

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:35 am
Ken95 says...

alliyah wrote:Welcome to the site ken! :) If you need any help navigating the site feel free to reach out to myself or the other moderators (those in green or red usernames) and we'll point you in the right direction. I hope you enjoy the site and best of luck in all of your writing!
How do I earn coins??

Sent from my M823 using Tapatalk

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:10 pm
alliyah says...

Hey @Ken95 -- in order to earn points you review works found in the "literary works" section of the site. (Fuller reviews get more points than short reviews and ones done from the Green Room also get you more points).

Here are a couple quick threads if you need help getting started on reviewing, but the main advice I normally give is simple - write a review that you would appreciate receiving, find some criticism, find some praise, try to help the author out. Not too complicated at all! Here's the links to a few quick explanations of reviewing though:
A Rundown on Reviewing
The YWS Critique Sandwich

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions reach out! And to notify someone that you're responding to them, just put the "@" symbol before their username and then they get a notification. Like this -> @alliyah
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights