11%

Total votes : 9

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:25 pm
View Likes
ILived says...

Hello everyone!

I learned about these forums more than a week into this website but had to drop in anyway and say hi.

Introduce yourself. Uh, kind of hard to do considering the fact that my name is ILived (Yeah, two capital letters in a first name, probably the first time you've seen that!) and I have no apparent last name. Considering that I only have that name because I dont want myself known. Maybe in the future, if I ever become famous *unknown cough in the background*, I'll come back to this thread and tell you all who I am. ;)

Who's with me in changing that description into something more suitable???

Introduce Yourself. Sorry, cant do that. Not exactly... So, i'll just be as general as is possible.

I'm the kind of writer who wants to write amazing pieces without actually putting any work into it. The world would be a lot better that way...But I have lived enough years to know that its not how things work.

I looked around this website and came across some amazing works and now have gained the desire to write again. That's what these websites are for right? I've commented on a few poems and short stories so far. There are so many people out there who do know what they are capable of.

And so many really really good poems that can be so much better with just a few changes...got me thinking that maybe we should start a newsletter online to feature the best poetry, chapter of novel, short story. There is the featured section but I'm seeing that a lot of poems which have huge potential are being completely obscured! I want the real talent to shine! I think we can work together to make some changes around here.
Edit: I see that there is already a newsletter: Squills...Ah, maybe i should have messed around more before posting this.. eek!
Anyway, I started off loving to write and read short stories and novels (and still do) but for the past 6 months I have become increasingly interested in the complexities and hence the beauty of poems, as you have probably guessed. (Although I know this is not the forum to say this: A request for a review on any of the above will surely be looked into as soon as my busy and chaotic life allows.)

I like the kind of writing that deep in meaning and beautiful in essence. Trash all these writings about love. Who cares??? There are more important and way better things to write about especially in these changing times.

We are the youth. But we're better than the average youth because we can express what we feel. Obscure criticism in sweet words and have layers of meaning in n externally simple metaphor or simile.

Write for entertainment, sure! But at the same time be able to write something that can change the world.

And if we work together, we can do exactly that!

With hopes that this small encouragement can elicit a bigger change,
ILived

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed May 03, 2017 1:52 am
TheStormAroundMe says...

Hello! I hope you have an awesome time on this website! If you need anything, feel free to leave a comment on my wall or shoot me a PM.
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed May 03, 2017 6:13 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to the YWS! :D
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:41 am
soundofmind says...

Hello there, @ILived! Or, whoever you are ; )))

Welcome to YWS and I'm glad excited and passionate about writing! Haha, I understand wanting to write something great but not wanting to put the work in - things would certainly be easier that way, but I wonder, if that's how the world worked, if we would run out of truly original great stories because people don't have to work hard to find, create, and refine them. BUT WHO KNOWS, and anyhow, that's not how the world works haha. I hope you're able to find friends here who push and provoke you to improving in your writing and that you're able to do the same for others!

I hope you enjoy your time here! If you have any questions just shoot me a pm or hit me up on my profile!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:54 pm
Lightsong says...

Wow, can definitely know you better reading at your introduction post. Welcome, and enjoy your stay! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:39 pm
rainforest says...

Welcome to YWS!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

You cannot have an opponent if you keep saying yes.
— Richard Siken