z

Young Writers Society

Hey all

Reviews: 2
Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:01 am
Jchan137 says...

Okay, on a mellow dramatic and awe inspired whim, I began thinking about how awesome my life would be as a novel. So, I'm here. Hoping to be awestruck by an idea and write a whole book before I turn 18 in July. That's wishful, but I could see it happening. Who knows. Maybe I'll just brain storm and write little snippets, see if I can piece them together in a fluent-ish story and then let young readers everywhere be entertained by my word vomit. Would anyone be interested in reading about a life of someone else? Seeing what it's like to walk a mile in my shoes.

I swear. Sometimes I say things and think 'dang, that would start my book off perfectly' and tbh I have a bunch of beginnings and a bunch of ends, but how do I get a middle that's as captivating, thought provoking, or anxiety inducing as these beginning and end thoughts?
Anyway, I hope I actually use this, maybe only as a place to save my work while I write. But use it. They have my email to fill with spam now, so I might as well utilize it.
Jess
Spoiler! :

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:22 am
Asith says...

Let me be the first to say welcome :)
I'm sure you'll use this site as more than just a literary pit-stop, this is probably the best place on the internet to get ideas, tips and reviews from other writers.

I began thinking about how awesome my life would be as a novel

I fancy myself as more of a textbook :P

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed May 03, 2017 1:55 am
TheStormAroundMe says...

Hello!

I have the same problem that you do, as far as having middles and ends but nothing complete. It's frustrating, but this website really does help. If you need anything reviewed, feel free to comment of my wall or shoot me a PM.
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Wed May 03, 2017 3:19 am
Aley says...

Welcome JChan137,

I think the interesting thing about a story of life is when you dramatize it somehow and make it fit a climax, beginning, and end. Instead of waiting for the story to come to you, pick something that's happened in your life and write THAT story. After all, a life isn't just one story. I could write you the story of my relationship to my dad and it would span my whole life, but I could also write the story of my relationship to my first dog, and it would just be the first 16 years of my life. Both of them would cover those first years, but in very different perspectives. To write a story of life, you need a focus from your life to centralize around.

Hopefully that helps you find the middle conflict.

Also a lot of people like to do NaNo, or National Novel Writing Month without it actually being November. It's 1,500 words per day with a goal of 50,000 words in a month!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu May 04, 2017 3:33 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to the YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan