z

Young Writers Society

So...Hello.

Reviews: 1
Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 am
Revialle says...

Hello, I'm Revialle (Pronounced Revi; a lot of people ask) and I'm new. I tend to write fantasy novels, but lately, I've been testing my limits in YA. I prefer to use ae/aer pronouns, and I hope to fit in here.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:39 am
Holysocks says...

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll fit in splendidly. c:
100% autistic

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:54 am
Feltrix says...

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by ae/aer pronouns? The only non-binary pronoun I've heard is 'they,' but my parents find that confusing. I myself think that 'thee' is an excellent gender neutral pronoun, but that hasn't caught on. I also might have completely misunderstood what you said and am babbling on about something unrelated. Anyway, welcome to YWS!
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 am
PrincessInk says...

Welcome to YWS! :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

Reviews: 1
Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:13 am
Revialle says...

Feltrix wrote:Out of curiosity, what do you mean by ae/aer pronouns? The only non-binary pronoun I've heard is 'they,' but my parents find that confusing. I myself think that 'thee' is an excellent gender neutral pronoun, but that hasn't caught on. I also might have completely misunderstood what you said and am babbling on about something unrelated.

I'm genderfluid, but I find 'they' and confusing in sentences. For example: "They grabbed an apple from the table." In my mind, that makes me think that multiple people have grabbed the apple, but by using another pronoun, like ae or ze, It conveys that one person has done the action, as long as the reader knows of the pronoun.

And I like the way 'ae' sounds.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 am
Asith says...

Welcome to the site :)

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:17 pm
Brigadier says...

Hey there Revialle.
Hope to see you around and your works in the green room. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to shoot me a pm or drop by my wall.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien