z

Young Writers Society

Hey there, feel my teenage angst!

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:31 pm
Asith says...

Well well well, looks like I signed up to a forum. Had to happen sometime.
So hi, my name's Asith (yes, it's my real name) and I'm a 14-year-old aspiring author.

Well, I say "author" but I've only written a few short stories for myself so far. I am however now working on my own fantasy novel - trilogy to be precise. That's really why I came to this site, to meet other new authors and learn from experienced ones.

Speaking of which, it'd be great if someone could direct me to where I would go about that (this forum is so huge :p). Maybe create a dedicated topic for my series where I could post little updates, or post extracts and have people review it? From the little I've seen, that's one of the main points of this forum, right?

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:39 pm
PrincessInk says...

Hi there, @Asith, and welcome to YWS! Your trilogy sounds intriguing!

If you want to have a topic for your series, try posting in Writers Corner. There's a lot of awesome tags there.

For posting extracts click "Publishing Center" that's on the top of your page! Create a folder for your novel and then publish it! It'll appear in the Green Room, where people can review your novel extracts.

A bit of a long message, but I hope this helps! :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

108 Reviews

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:45 pm
Asith says...

PrincessInk wrote:Hi there, @Asith, and welcome to YWS! Your trilogy sounds intriguing!

If you want to have a topic for your series, try posting in Writers Corner. There's a lot of awesome tags there.

For posting extracts click "Publishing Center" that's on the top of your page! Create a folder for your novel and then publish it! It'll appear in the Green Room, where people can review your novel extracts.

A bit of a long message, but I hope this helps! :)

Ha! Long messages are what I expected from a forum based on literature :)
Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a shot!

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:31 pm
Steggy says...

Hello and welcome to YWS! Hope you enjoy it here. ^^
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:36 pm
Lumi says...

Asith! Welcome to YWS! The Writer's Corner is wonderful for Project Talk, advice, and general updates on your novel/short stories--but if you'd like critiques on your work, we have The Publishing Center, which can be found at the top of every YWS page. You simply post your work there, and within no time you'll receive reviews (critiques) on how things may improve and develop more organically--really, anything if I'm honest. Hah.

I hope you come to love YWS like I do, and soon find it like an internet home! You'll find no shortage of advice here, so never hesitate to ask! My inbox is always open if you need me. :)
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:40 pm
Virgil says...

Welcome to the site, Asith! Same as Lumi, I love the site and if you have questions, I'm always open to answer them. Hope you enjoy it here!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

108 Reviews

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:00 am
Asith says...

Thanks for all the welcomes guys :)
I've posted a little extract on the publishing center, it's here if you want to see.

Again, thanks for the help ;)

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury