z

Young Writers Society

newbie, sort of rookie writer

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:40 pm
Silberfee says...

Hello people!
I haven't written for over a decade apart from when I had to for schoolwork, despite English and Creative Writing being my favourite subject. It is not because I was choosing not too, but because my environment in my secondary school years made me repress my passions in favour for maths and science. People say I am not old, and being in my twenties I am not, but speaking of lack of literary accomplishments I feel old. I feel like I missed a decade of opportunity which could have made my a much more talented writer today. After years of insecurity and doubt I have finally plucked up the courage to create an account here. My school was small and average but I remember fondly of the few times I was acknowledged for my literary talent. I convince myself that I have potential to become a talented writer.

Please help me develop my greatest skill!

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:25 pm
rosette says...

Welcome Silb! :)
We'll try and do our part in our reviews and such to help you "develop your skill", as you say. Its good to see you come back for your true passion in life.
I certainly hope you enjoy your time on here and can't wait to see some of your works.
By the way, you're not old at allll. 20ies? Psssh. You still got a life to live, girlfriend. ;)
On earth I long to be like Him

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:31 am
niteowl says...

I didn't write much during my undergrad years either, though I came back to writing and YWS in a big way during grad school. And I studied science at the same time! :) Welcome! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart