z

Young Writers Society

Hi there?

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:13 am
View Likes
yennlism says...

Hi there!!

My name is Yenne (or yennlism). I am Dutch, so my English might not be the best at times, but I'll try my best!
So about me, I'm a nineteen year old Dutchie and love to read books - Harlan Coben and S.J. Kincaid are amazing! -,kpop, watch anime and write offcourse!

I wrote a lot when I was thirteen to fifteen, but due to personal issues I had to quit a bit, which resulted in a long pause. I finally got the hang of it again after finding a lot on Tumblr that kind of got me started..
Furthermore, I love animals so I tend to include them in my book.. As my main character is named Vixen For those who do not know, Vixen means female fox.
I used to write fanfiction, like really crappy ones but I had to start somewhere. Now I'm more in to the mystery and fantasy books, my favorite of right now is 'The Diabolic' by S.J. Kincaid. The story I'm working on right now is also a fantasy but still a starting work in progress.

I am a fan of BTS, TWICE and BLACKPINK, for those who want to bond with me over korean pop. As for anime, I love love love Akatsuki no Yona. Other ones I enjoy are Fairy Tail, Mirai Nikki and the really romantic ones. But I also love action and horror anime, for example Another.

Anyway, I'm getting lost. I hope to bring some good stories to YWS, as I have finally gotten back to writing. So please, forgive the horrible translations from my Dutch to English. I sometimes forget the word in English - or Dutch - and I just go blank in my mind.

Lots of love,
Yenne.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:21 am
Featherstone says...

Welcome, @yennlism! I'm Feather, aka Fea. I love birds and roleplaying (just see the club the Role-play Geeks- that was my fault, and proof of my nerdiness). I'm going into ornithology as a career, and am an apprenticing falconer. I write fantasy in a medieval world of my own making, and read almost all fantasy. I draw and play multiple instruments (piano and uke, with a bit of voice on the side), as well as do ballroom dance and, formerly, ballet. So there, a bit about me :D

I hope you enjoy your time here! If you need help, feel free to ask me, or find a mentor here: clubs/1127

It's called the Buddy System- essentially a new YWSer finds a mentor to guide them through the first month or more of YWS. Also, all the mods (green) are really nice, so you an ask them, too, if your mentor or I aren't around.

What do you write? Where did you get your username?

Once more, welcome to YWS! I hope you like it here!

-Feather
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:49 pm
yennlism says...

Thank you Feather! You sound pretty busy!
I too have a medieval fantasy kind of world, still having trouble with some aspects but getting there slowly. I used to write fanfiction, mostly romantic but I've gotten more into fantasy books lately. So I started my own world, to make it easier for myself as I don't really like to keep up with real life aspects..

My username is just the first part of my nickname (Yenne) with 'lism' added, don't ask me why, it sounded cute to me for some reason. And it's kind of short so it's easy to add on my works - as I do digital art sometimes.
I'll look into the Buddy System, I saw some things about it but didn't really look at it.

For the few days that I've been here, I like it already!

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter