Young Writers Society

My Introduction

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:18 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

My Background in Writing:
I started telling stories orally to my younger sister when I was probably only about 7 or 8. She immediately loved them and I kept making up stories to tell her and I have been ever since. I have really loved reading from a very young age and I used to read A LOT in elementary school. From reading a lot, I believe I've been able to see what a convincing passage looks like. I've been able to distinguish between a convincing character description and ways of writing that really draw me into the story versus writing styles that turn me away from the plot. A couple years ago at my old school, it was mandatory for students to enter a writing competition. That was the first time that I really carefully wrote and edited a passage and submitted it to judges. I remember I got awarded a Superior, the highest award, my first year. I was over the moon. After I changed schools and stopped competing, I've tried to write mini-novels, but I lost motivation. My characters didn't come alive, I didn't have an editor, I was no longer interested in the story idea and the plot wasn't engaging me. I became bored reading through my work, so I would only write to express myself and for mandatory essays and research papers. Recently, I started to take up short stories again and started the long process of learning how to write well.
But I want to get some second opinions on my writing. I've been self-editing and I'm not really interested in trying to make some $$ off of my work, but I am open to exploring options for entering short story contests. I hope that this website will be a good way for me to get some second opinions on how to improve my writing and also be able to read other stories by aspiring writers like myself and give some helpful feedback and learn from both myself and others. I'm very excited to be a new member here! Thanks for reading my long rant and biography! :D
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:37 am
deleted30 says...

Hi and welcome to YWS! You sound cool. :D If you're ever in need of a thorough review, just let me know and I'll be sure to give your piece a read. (Oh, and I'm also happy to answer any questions.) :wink:

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:53 am
Dest says...

Hi, @MJTucker. I'm sure you can get a bunch of help here on YWS. It's helped me a lot. I'm curious what type of things do you write?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:08 am
PrincessInk says...

Welcome, @MJTucker!
As this is always a good question to ask, what types of books do you like to read?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom