Young Writers Society

What are you like?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:55 am
View Likes
Cub says...

Greetings!
They call me Cub. I'm thirteen years old, and I'm obsessed with anime, academia, and, well, basically everything that makes me think. I'm planning on becoming a famous writer when I grow up, but of course that can't be my day job, so I'll probably be a film director, or a professor, or a theologian.
My favorite anime shows are 'Naruto'/'Naruto Shippuden'. I think 'Hunter X Hunter' (2011) is pretty good, and I also like 'Death Note', and 'Attack on Titan.'
I can't really define my favorite books, as I love all sorts of them, but I'm definitely a big fan of Russian literature. I really like sci-fi, specifically writers like Orson Scott Card, Robert Heinlein, and Ray Bradbury. I'm a Tolkien buff, and I have a frighteningly enthusiastic obsession with Shakespeare. I also like allegorical writers, like C.S. Lewis, Dante, and Milton.
I'm a cynic, and a proud Catholic. I like candy. Lot's of candy. If you have any Airhead Xtremes--hand 'em over!!!
So far, I think this site is super cool. The people here are really nice, and I think it's fun to talk with people who share my interests, and don't just laugh at me for liking to read. So--what're you guys like? Do any of you like anime? How about the 'Ender's Game' series? Any of you like debating philosophy, and enjoying varying viewpoints?
Please reply,
Cub!
CUB 8)

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:14 am
PrincessInk says...

Hello, Cub! I'm a newbie like you.

I'm not a big fan of anime actually. I prefer to read, especially fantasy and classics and basically any books that draw me in. If you like science fiction, I recommend Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Anyway, welcome to Young Writers Society and I hope you have a great time there!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:41 am
alliyah says...

Hey @Cub , good to meet you! My name's alliyah, and I mostly enjoy reviewing and writing poetry around here. That's so cool that you're interested in philosophy and theology; I also love both - and have really enjoyed reading C.S. Lewis, Immanuel Kant, and Aristotle. What sorts of material do you like writing about? You mentioned you like science-fiction, do you also write that?

Anyways I hope you enjoy the site and have a chance to meet many of its fabulous members. :) If you need any help navigating the site feel free to reach out to me or any of the other moderators (those in green or red usernames) or really any member if you have any questions. Best of luck in your writing!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:17 am
TheStormAroundMe says...

Hey! I'm Grace! (But you can call me Storm.)

The Ender's Game series is one of the best I have ever read, although I got really confused during Shadow of the Hegemon. Lots of politics!The Ender's Game movie was kind of disappointing, even though it had one of my favorite actors playing the main role. Then again, nothing could live up to the utter genius of the book. Bean's story in Ender's Shadow made me feel all the emotions. And Peter... oh my gosh. Those books are so well written.

If you want to talk at all, my inbox is open. Just shoot me a PM. I can't wait to see what you'll write!
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:59 pm
Dest says...

Hi, @Cub! As far as anime, I love Studio Ghibli movies like Howl's Moving Castle and the lesser-known Medabots. I haven't read the Ender's Game yet, but I thought about watching the movie.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:32 pm
sheysse says...

Hey @Cub! Welcome to the site! Talking about what you like, I've never read Ender's Game, but I was considering. Anime, I love. Personal favorite is Bleach, but Naruto and Hunter x Hunter are great too.

Hope you enjoy yourself on the site, and if you need anything lemme know. :)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:21 am
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to YWS, @Cub! Ooh, another anime fan! And a Tolkien fan! What genres do you prefer, writing or otherwise?

See you around!

~Scarlett.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu