z

Young Writers Society

Hey Everyone .O.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:58 pm
View Likes
JaxSamford says...

My name is Jax and I'm fairly new here, (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting in this forum, now would I?) so I hope I can make some new friends and get along with everyone quite nicely! I'm open to chatting, questions, friends, and all that great stuff (pssst, if I can, I might read and review whatever work you want me to!).

A bit about myself:
-I'm a guy
-I enjoy art, generally, like, all of it
-I paint, sketch, ink, and write, and I used to be in choir but had to drop out for an ever-growing schedule
-I'm taking classes at a university for credits (and I'm 16, yay.)
-Super into bands like the holy emo trinity (MCR, FOB, P!ATD), Bowling For Soup, that kinda thing (and as a side note, I do enjoy piano music as well) :twisted:
-Love comics
-Love Skyrim
-Coffee.
-Cats.
-Puppies.
-If you're my friend, I'm there for you
-If you want to contact me, PM me or something and I'll give you my Kik (no nasties)
-I love herbs and remedies
-I made my account today because I decided to stay home and got super bored and boredom means writing time which is super chill
-I can be a butt :smt003

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:34 pm
SteppeVesteffi says...

Hello and welcome to YWS! You sound awesome :D

-Love comics

So which do you prefer: DC or Marvel?

5 Reviews

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:44 pm
JaxSamford says...

Noisette wrote:Hello and welcome to YWS! You sound awesome :D

-Love comics

So which do you prefer: DC or Marvel?

Tbh I prefer both.. if that's an option? Like, I really love reading Batman, and I also really love the Legendary Starlord and Thor, so it's a tie ^_^ I'm more into them for the art and different plots and stuff. One thing I hate though are the gender-bent spinoffs from original characters, like female Spidey and Supergirl. I don't have anything against girls- just keep good things good things. They don't feel authentic XD

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:06 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to YWS, Jax! You seem like quite the character. I think you're going to like it here. XD

Both is totally an option. It's a saying around here (and it might be familiar) that if someone can't decide on something, we'll be like "why not both?" XD

You have quite a few hobbies. I'm so glad there's another artist/writer around! We always like more people. ^^ Music! <3 Skyrim! <3 Comics! <3 Cats! <3 Puppies! <3 You seem pretty cool. I hope you stick around and enjoy the site.

What kind of classes are you taking if you don't mind me asking?

See you around!

~Scarlett.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

5 Reviews

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:37 pm
JaxSamford says...

ScarlettFire wrote:Welcome to YWS, Jax! You seem like quite the character. I think you're going to like it here. XD

Both is totally an option. It's a saying around here (and it might be familiar) that if someone can't decide on something, we'll be like "why not both?" XD

You have quite a few hobbies. I'm so glad there's another artist/writer around! We always like more people. ^^ Music! <3 Skyrim! <3 Comics! <3 Cats! <3 Puppies! <3 You seem pretty cool. I hope you stick around and enjoy the site.

What kind of classes are you taking if you don't mind me asking?

See you around!

~Scarlett.

Then why not both? XD And it's pretty cool that I'm here, I definitely think I'm going to enjoy it :DD I'm definitely sticking around, hopefully going to make a few friends as well!

So far, I've taken Introduction to Illustration, Writing for Comics, Illustration for Comics, Graphic Design, and starting towards the end of February I'm going to be taking Screenwriting Basics and WfC again. XD They're just way too fun, and I get to learn for free while earning my credits.

You seem pretty cool too, what are some details about yourself, if you don't mind me asking? XD Can't wait to chat with you, more in-depth

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:57 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Oooh, so you wanna be a comic writer/artist??

I'm a writer/poet/artist; I have a passion for it. I mainly write fantasy or urban fantasy. I have two cats and a fiance. All of which can be rather annoying. (Right now, there is a cat on my lap. He doesn't like me typing. XD ) I also like cooking. ^^

You should come join us on discord since chat's been closed. There's a link in The Lounge somewhere. XD

5 Reviews

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:24 am
View Likes
JaxSamford says...

ScarlettFire wrote:Oooh, so you wanna be a comic writer/artist??

I'm a writer/poet/artist; I have a passion for it. I mainly write fantasy or urban fantasy. I have two cats and a fiance. All of which can be rather annoying. (Right now, there is a cat on my lap. He doesn't like me typing. XD ) I also like cooking. ^^

You should come join us on discord since chat's been closed. There's a link in The Lounge somewhere. XD

I will tomorrow XD and yeah, all of those things can get annoying at some point. OOOOOHHHH what kind of cats?

And yes, something along those lines. I know I want to do something that takes words and illustration and puts them together, so comics are probably the way to go.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:12 am
SteppeVesteffi says...

JaxSamford wrote:Tbh I prefer both.. if that's an option? Like, I really love reading Batman, and I also really love the Legendary Starlord and Thor, so it's a tie ^_^ I'm more into them for the art and different plots and stuff.

I like both as well, but at my core, I'm a bigger fan of DC than Marvel. I just feel like DC has much more compelling characters overall. Pretty much every Batman character alone is amazing. And I have a weakness for gritty, dark stuff. (Although DC movies are, in general, quite flawed.)

One thing I hate though are the gender-bent spinoffs from original characters, like female Spidey and Supergirl. I don't have anything against girls- just keep good things good things. They don't feel authentic XD

Well, you're talking to someone who likes to draw race-bent versions of established comic book characters in her spare time... so I may not be the right audience for that sentiment. XD
With that being said, I do prefer new, original female characters more than gender-bent adaptions of already-existing comic personas.

I know I want to do something that takes words and illustration and puts them together, so comics are probably the way to go.

That's really cool! Comic books and graphic novels are both awesome, and anyone who creates them, or aspires to create them, is a friend of mine. :D You might want to pop over to the Art and Photography forum at some point to post some of your work. ^_^

5 Reviews

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:20 am
JaxSamford says...

Noisette wrote:
JaxSamford wrote:Tbh I prefer both.. if that's an option? Like, I really love reading Batman, and I also really love the Legendary Starlord and Thor, so it's a tie ^_^ I'm more into them for the art and different plots and stuff.

I like both as well, but at my core, I'm a bigger fan of DC than Marvel. I just feel like DC has much more compelling characters overall. Pretty much every Batman character alone is amazing. And I have a weakness for gritty, dark stuff. (Although DC movies are, in general, quite flawed.)

One thing I hate though are the gender-bent spinoffs from original characters, like female Spidey and Supergirl. I don't have anything against girls- just keep good things good things. They don't feel authentic XD

Well, you're talking to someone who likes to draw race-bent versions of established comic book characters in her spare time... so I may not be the right audience for that sentiment. XD
With that being said, I do prefer new, original female characters more than gender-bent adaptions of already-existing comic personas.

I know I want to do something that takes words and illustration and puts them together, so comics are probably the way to go.

That's really cool! Comic books and graphic novels are both awesome, and anyone who creates them, or aspires to create them, is a friend of mine. :D You might want to pop over to the Art and Photography forum at some point to post some of your work. ^_^

I'll definitely think about heading over there! As for the race-bent versions of characters, that's completely fine! I find drawing different characters and such really fun, especially gender-bent or race-bent ones, I just don't prefer seeing them in comics (originals rule! I don't mind female protagonists, so long as the male version doesn't already exist!). I hope we can be friends!

And yes the gritty, dark stuff is the best.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:35 am
Dest says...

Welcome, Jax! You sound like an interesting dude. I sort-of like comics too but I prefer them in graphic novel form ^^

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:57 am
ScarlettFire says...

JaxSamford wrote:I will tomorrow XD and yeah, all of those things can get annoying at some point. OOOOOHHHH what kind of cats?

And yes, something along those lines. I know I want to do something that takes words and illustration and puts them together, so comics are probably the way to go.

A siamese/burmese mix. Blue point. (grey points, white everywhere else, blue eyes!) And a black cat. The siamese is very affectionate! ^^

I hope you find something you'll enjoy doing in that industry. ^^

5 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:26 am
JaxSamford says...

Dest wrote:Welcome, Jax! You sound like an interesting dude. I sort-of like comics too but I prefer them in graphic novel form ^^

Thanks! And graphic novels, eh? Have you ever read Fahrenheit 451 in graphic novel format? It's really quite amazing, and it might even be better than the original novel ;D just my opinion though

5 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:31 am
JaxSamford says...

ScarlettFire wrote:
JaxSamford wrote:I will tomorrow XD and yeah, all of those things can get annoying at some point. OOOOOHHHH what kind of cats?

A siamese/burmese mix. Blue point. (grey points, white everywhere else, blue eyes!) And a black cat. The siamese is very affectionate! ^^

I hope you find something you'll enjoy doing in that industry. ^^

I used to have a black cat that was named Sirius, he had really beautiful pale green eyes, and a pretty silky coat. Only problem was his size- he had a more delicate build, so when he got in a fight with another tom, it didn't pan out too well. One half of his mouth was ripped up glasgow-style.

I hope I do too, thanks!

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:22 pm
Dest says...

JaxSamford wrote:Thanks! And graphic novels, eh? Have you ever read Fahrenheit 451 in graphic novel format? It's really quite amazing, and it might even be better than the original novel ;D just my opinion though

Nah! I've never read it. Might check it out now. I mostly read graphic novels from First Second or Oni press publishing

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:15 pm
fukase says...

YAY!

I love coffee too and cats too!

Spoiler! :
Are coffee and cats valid reasons to shout YAY!?
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
— Alfred North Whitehead