z

Young Writers Society

Hello, this is me

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:09 pm
View Likes
LadyShadows says...

Hello guys! I just registered here about five minutes ago (literally, could be even less than that) and I came across this form as I googled something that I really needed to know. So about me and writing.. hmm... there's a lot to that! I'm 18 and I'e been writing since I was at least 7 or 8. I've always loved to read and write as a child and still do now as an adult. Sadly I've been undergoing tons of difficulties in my life so I haven't done so much of that as I want, but I'm starting to get my life back on track and I'm starting to pick up on reading and writing again. I'm getting to do the things I love the most again! Anyways... *clears throat* I'm a crazy writer who always loses her pens and pencils, and I always and I mean ALWAYS need more notebooks, and it seems that I'm beginning to have a seemingly endless library, as I'm always getting books of all kinds (apart from romance! Ugh!) You may ask, what do I like to write? I love writing poetry of different kinds, gothic literature, horror, fantasy, and historical fiction. I will also sometimes write romance but in my opinion writing that sort of thing is a different kind of beast rather than reading it (because I think too many authors make romance too sappy!) *takes deep breath* whew! This is A lot of information! Well I'll just wrap up with some other things that I like to do besides writing. I like to listen to music (the not so mainstream kind), play instruments, do all sorts of artsy fartsy stuff, and study and practice occult related things. Thats it I suppose :P
nyctophilia:
(n.) love of darkness or night. finding relaxation or comfort in the darkness.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:27 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Welcome to YWS!

Let's start from the end; what kind of occult stuff? c:
Also, there's no such things as too many notebooks. Or pens. Or books...

If you need any help getting around, by the way, or have any questions whatsoever, feel free to message me (or any green or red username -- mods and admins). I'm looking forward to seeing your writing~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:24 am
Virgil says...

Welcome to the site! I hope you decide to share your writing because I'm quite the fan of reading and writing poetry as well. If you have any questions or need any help, don't be afraid to give me a shout as well as anyone else who has a green or red name. I hope to see you around on the site!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:52 am
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to YWS, @LadyShadows! I hope you enjoy your stay and things get better for you. YWS is a great place to come to just to relax, write or read and get feedback. We're pretty friendly!

I second Child's question; what kind of occult stuff?

Ahhh, a poet! Cool! There's never too many pens or pencils or notebooks (or sketchbooks). Also, what kind on instruments do you play?

See you around!

~Scarlett.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:20 pm
Featherstone says...

Welcome to YWS! I'm here if you ever have any questions, too. What instruments do you play? I play the piano, ukulele, and a little bit of violin and guitar.

-Feather
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:55 pm
passenger says...

Hi, and welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. If you ever have any questions or want to talk, my inbox is open! :)
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday