z

Young Writers Society

Zoooooooooooooooooooom

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:38 pm
Zoom says...

Hello

I forgot to introduce myself. I've posted quite a few reviews already but never too late to break the ice, right?

So far I think this society is fantastic. I've spoken to some great people already and have read some excellent writing. It's great that there's so much emphasis on reviewing. A lot of similar forums are disheartening in that there isn't much encouragement to leave decent reviews on people's work, but glad that's not the case here at all. Constructive criticism seems to be well appreciated, as it should be.

About me, I'm in my mid-twenties (still considered "young" I hope!). I haven't written anything creative in years, however I have had a sci-fi novel series stuck in my mind since I was about 13. Since then it has grown overly complex and I just need to get it out. It's a peculiar feeling, one that I'm sure you can all relate to. The problem is that my story has become too complex and I don't know how to even begin structuring a story out of it. The first novel could be entirely exposition and my readers would still probably not know what the heck is happening in the sequel. Grr!

Thankfully, I enjoy reviewing just as much as writing so I have plenty of motivation to stick around!

Please pop in, say hi and share with me what projects you are working on ^_^

Thanks!

Zoom
he/his

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:00 pm
Omni says...

It's never to late to introduce yourself to people!

I'm glad you're enjoying YWS, Zoom. I love the username btw XD also we're all young at heart so it's okay. I'm with you there in not having written anything in a long while, although I do Storybook -that's this site's role play forum, but it's also a very sophisticated version. We actually create stories together!- and that's how I write haha.

I think YWS is very unique in the emphasis on reviewing. It promotes a conversation and actual constructive criticism! I'm glad to see you jumping out there and reviewing :D I hope I'll see you around more and more
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 pm
erilea says...

Hey, Zoom! I'm Lupa, and I'm working on a story called Away. Welcome to the site!

If you have any questions about YWS, I'll be happy to help (if I can)! I hope you have a good time on here!
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:09 pm
Featherstone says...

Hi there, @Zoom! I'm Feather (aka Fea), and I write fantasy. Enjoy YWS! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me!
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:29 am
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to YWS, @Zoom! Hope you're enjoying your stay.

See you around!

~Scarlett.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:07 pm
MeatBunCat says...

hai zoom!

If you have to ask, "Is this cliche?", it probably is.
— - no name -