z

Young Writers Society

Hey there

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:40 am
Bradfordian says...

Hey guys. Just popping by to say hello, 'n' all. Hello. Um. Kinda... stuck for words right now.

Introductions, how do people do these? Hello (already said that twice), I'm Bradfordian. I do the writing and the stuff. I'm doing vigorous hand gestures here, even though this is text. Just assume there's some form of flamboyant hand gestures going on.

What to say next? Well, 'the writing and the stuff' is both grammatically awkward and real vague, so to clear it up, I mainly write small things with odd premises. I'd like to say I don't write longer things because I find smaller things more interesting, but in reality it's because I get bored and/or forget them, then write something else. Hey, that can be a goal to accomplish! I've already got a list, guys, watch out, I'm apparently planning something.

Ooh, emoticons. Those look fun.

Oh yeah, and I ramble a lot in my writing, and specifically write down exactly what I'm thinking, without reediting anything later on (can you tell?).

Quick question: how do you guys feel about 'bad' language? I suppose it'll be in the rules, but since I'm here, writing this...

Good good! Don't want to overstay my welcome on the Welcome Mat, so I guess I'll see you folks around sometime.
This was a (hopefully) delightful message from le Bradfordian. Feel free to message me 'n' stuff, woo.

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:10 am
rosette says...

Wow, this was quite interesting to read..XD Its alright hermano; usually, whenever I feel inspired to write its completely random stuff! And also, this is my personal conviction but 'bad' language completely ruins a story for me. I hate it so much, but then again 'pk' is in my username for a reason. :)
Welcome to the YWS!
rosette
On earth I long to be like Him

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:23 pm
Lumi says...

Welcome to YWS!

You're totally allowed to write all the coarse language into your literary works as you desire as long as it's rated properly as to keep it from the eyes of those who want to avoid it!

Beyond literary works, though, we generally discourage swearing in the forums, but places like blogs, your wall, and clubs are all your discretion (clubs are nebulous and at the discretion of the club admins!)

I really hope you love it here. I know I do. :]
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:30 pm
Featherstone says...

Welcome to YWS! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to YWS, Bradfordian! May I call you Brad?

Coarse language is fine as long as it's rated appropriately (you'll find all of the rating and genre stuff when you go to publish). Short stuff is fun. What kind of genre do you prefer? And what Point of View do you prefer?

I hope you enjoy the site. See you around!

~Scarlett.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.
— Niels Bohr