z

Young Writers Society

Hiya

Reviews: 1
Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:20 pm
alwayshelenaist says...

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to say hi :D Although I've been signed up for a while I haven't really used the site but have recently decided that I want to start writing again!

My name is Lydia and I'm a medical student. At the moment my degree is bogging me down so I thought some reading/writing might help.

But yeah, thought I'd say hello here. I'm excited to get started!

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:31 pm
Virgil says...

Hi, I'm Kaos, but I go by Kay. Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or anyone else with a green or red name! Reading and writing can definitely help take stress off you. Have you done any writing before? If you have, what do you enjoy to write or read?

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:42 pm
alwayshelenaist says...

Hi Kaos,

Thanks, I'll be sure to ask.
Yeah I certainly find reading really good at taking the stress off. I have written a few bits and bobs before but have never been good at sticking to it - hence I wanted to actually use the site as a sort of motivation to stick at projects.
I will read almost anything to be honest! I'm the type that will just hop on the kindle store and download something and give it a go.

Supporter

Reviews: 2
Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 pm
JKH says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:13 pm
Holysocks says...

Hey Lydia! Welcome to the family! c: I hope you'll enjoy it here as much as we do.
100% autistic

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:41 pm
alwayshelenaist says...

JKH wrote:Hello and welcome to YWS!

Hi! Thank you :D

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:41 pm
View Likes
alwayshelenaist says...

Holysocks wrote:Hey Lydia! Welcome to the family! c: I hope you'll enjoy it here as much as we do.

Hi! Thank you, I'm excited to be here :D

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch