z

Young Writers Society

Hello Everyone!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:13 pm
kapple says...

Hi guys!

I've been trying to find a good writing forum for a while, so I'm really stoked that I came across this place! I low key can't handle technology, so figuring out how everything works is still a work in process for me. :'D

I'm really looking forward to making new friends and deepening my writing abilities while on this site! I'm currently working on a YA science fiction novel. Outlines aren't really my thing, so I'm slowly trying to wing it all (any other pantsers out there?).

Again, I'm really not sure how this site works yet, so any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciate :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt001

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:44 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hello kapple! Welcome to YWS! :)

Basically, the first thing you need to know about YWS is that we have a reviewing system. In order to post your works here, you need a certain amount of points, and to obtain those points, you need to review other people's works. It's a good system that ensures at least two quality reviews for every piece of work. To find works to review, take a look here.

We also have other aspects to our site, like Storybooks. If you enjoy roleplaying, or writing with other people, give that a look! We also have a Chatroom, where you can chat with other members of YWS. :)

I'm a moderator for the site, so if you need any help or any assistance with your account or anything, you're welcome to PM me. Hope you like it here!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:13 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

Welcome to YWS, kapple!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:01 pm
View Likes
Dracula says...

Welcome, new person! ;) You'll love it here.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:56 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Uh, outlines... Winging it and figuring my own novels out as I go is my thing too c:

Welcome to YWS! If you need any help finding your way around, past the places Iggy has mentioned, don't hesitate to ask.
People in light or dark green (and red) are the moderators, so we're always your safe bet, but you're more than likely to get pointed in the right direction no matter whom you ask. Helping each other (through reviews and writerly advice, and in general) is what we're all here for after all.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss