z

Young Writers Society

hey there.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:56 am
mavisknightley says...

Hello everyone,

Back when I was 16, and a frequent flyer of the YWS site, I had never posted a topic in the discussion forums. I'm back now, so I thought I'd give it a go!

I am from the East Coast, USA, and have traveled extensively. On these travels, I've met thousands of people, seen stories unfold and shift and open and close. These are often the experiences I draw upon when I write.

I am a fan of music (classic rock, deep house, jazz, etc.), reading (John Steinbeck, Elizabeth Gilbert, James Franco, Hemingway [who doesn't love that guy?], etc.), retro film (James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jane Russel, etc.), and college basketball (UMD).

My work can be found here: profile/mavisknightley

Reviewing is a pleasure, and I'd be happy to review anyone's work! Just shoot me a PM.

Can I close with a quote?

"Do not go where the path may lead, go where there is no path and leave a trail." ~RWE

-mav

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:16 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Hey! Welcome (back) to YWS! :)
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:31 am
mavisknightley says...

Hello @EternalRain!

Thank you for the kind welcome. I didn't think anybody would actually read my post! Haha. :)

I really like your quotes, particularly the All Time Low quote. Very dark and impactful.

Hope you have a great day!

-mav

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.
— George Eliot