z

Young Writers Society

Hello fellow writers :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:29 pm
MoonChild2308 says...

Hello! My name is Ashley :) I've always been a writer, ever since elementary school when we did a unit on creative writing. I'm 22 now and I've spent most of my life writing fanfiction for random fandoms (mostly Doctor Who and Criminal Minds) and starting random stories that I never get around to finishing. I've had an idea for a novel floating around in my head for a couple years and I occasionally pull it out to start working on it but I always get intimidated by the worldbuilding, because it was supposed to be a high fantasy sort of story. Recently, though, I decided to turn it into a contemporary fantasy kind of story and I've been spending a lot of time working on it. The ideas are really coming to me and I'm excited to continue working on it because my goal someday is to be an author, and I think I'm finally at a point in my life where I'm ready to start working on that goal.

Setting out on that goal, I decided it might be a good idea to find a community where I could come occasionally for some advice on writing. I'm sure I'm going to be here a lot looking for thoughts and comments on things that pop up down the road. I'm excited to be here :D

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:27 pm
Holysocks says...

Welcome to the family, Ashley! ^_^

I know the feeling of being intimidated by a writing project- I get that a lot myself. Writing can be very hard but super rewarding. Also fantasy is awesome!

If you have any questions or need a friend, shoot me a message of some sort! C:
100% autistic

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:02 am
Astronomer says...

Ayyyy!
Welcome to YWS, my fellow Moon! :D

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein