z

Young Writers Society

Hello everyone :3

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:56 am
View Likes
soqquadro says...

Hi people!
My name's Sofia. I'm an Italian 16-year-old and I found this website while looking for a place where I could share opinions and tips with other writers - there aren't many sites like this one in Italian, so here I am :3
(I'm also very sorry about any mistake I could make - and I probably already have made - but my English still needs a bit of improvement).
Soooo, about me: I live in a little town near Bologna, which is in the Northern Italy, with my mother, her partner, three cats and two dogs. Also, I have a little sister and a half-brother, but my cat is much more important.
I really, really love tea, and I own way too many books, even if I, for my part, think there's no such thing as too many books. (My mother disagrees with me on this point).
I'm a bit shy - I have a few good friends and an amazing girlfriend because I'm a lucky girl, but I usually am not what you'd call an extrovert at all.
I mostly write short stories and I have a complicated relationship with contests, because I've got problems with anything that exceeds 10 000 words of length and with any kind of deadline - yes, I'm the kind of terrible writer who will probably never write a novel because of her fear for commitment. But as they say, hope dies last.
Whenever I can, I like to go back to the good old pen (pencil) and paper, but my laptop is the keeper of every final draft because I hate editing with a rubber.
And that's about it :3

I really hope this is understandable,
Soq
Last edited by soqquadro on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are so many fragile things after all. People break so easily, and so do dreams and hearts."
Neil Gaiman

274 Reviews

Reviews: 274
Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:00 pm
cleverclogs says...

Hello, and welcome to YWS! It's great to have you here! And may I just say that your English is absolutely splendid? :D Also, tea is great. What sort of genres do you like to write?
In the beginning, the universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams

This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:07 pm
soqquadro says...

Thanks so much! I write mostly romance, and I'm fascinated by fantasy, even if I still haven't worked up the courage to actually write something :3 What about you? :)
"There are so many fragile things after all. People break so easily, and so do dreams and hearts."
Neil Gaiman

274 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:08 pm
cleverclogs says...

I mostly write poetry. :D
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:12 pm
soqquadro says...

That's beautiful! I love reading poetry, but I'm personally pretty useless at writing it :P
Neil Gaiman

274 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:14 pm
cleverclogs says...

It never hurts to try your hand at it! That's what YWS is here for- to help you get better. :D
-Douglas Adams

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:22 pm
soqquadro says...

Well, you've got a point - one day I may try it, who knows? ;)
Neil Gaiman

274 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:37 pm
cleverclogs says...

Haha, glad to hear it. XD
-Douglas Adams

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:13 pm
deleted21 says...

Welcome to YWS, Sofia! :)

Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:25 pm
soqquadro says...

Thank you very much! :)
Neil Gaiman

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:21 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS! I love the quote in your signature--do you read much of Neil Gaiman? I'm very fond of his writing! :D
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:43 pm
View Likes
OreosAreLife says...

Welcome to YWS!i hope you like it here! There are lots of things to help people with. So enjoy.

Ashley
Don't become the thing you hate

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:18 pm
soqquadro says...

Hey!
@Pompadour, hi! Thank you very much and yes, I really love Gaiman. I'm especially fond of his short stories and Fragile Things is my favourite collection, so here explained the quote :3
@Moonwatcher, @AshleyDashley, thank you! :)
Neil Gaiman

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:35 pm
OreosAreLife says...

Your welcome!
Don't become the thing you hate

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown