z

Young Writers Society

I am me, and me is this thread.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:25 pm
View Likes
JosephHazel says...

So, me. That's always a fun topic to cover. I'm on the younger side of things, so my writing will most likely suck. Well, all my writing sucks, but most of it will suck more than you expected it to. I'd like to be a writer when I get all big and such, of what wouldn't really matter. I just like writing, you know? I've tried my hand in poetry, (fail) novel-ing, (unfinished fail) and short-stories. (slightly less fail) So, I'll probably post mostly short stories, if I can get enough coins to it. I've read a couple of things and decided to write a review, wrote a review, and deleted the review. Oh, and fell into a pit of self-loathing, but that should be obvious at this point. Sure, I could say something about the wonderful-ness of the writing, but I have nothing to say that someone else couldn't say better. Enough about writing and my disgraceful attempts at, onto reading. I enjoy reading and am currently reading The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan. I enjoy all his work, along with all the other mainstream authors like Rowling, Collins, etc etc. My favorite series is Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan, along with the Brotherband Chronicles by the same author. If you haven't read them, your soul is yet to be complete. Well, if my post made you sad, that's odd, because it should have made you happy as you now know there are at least two people who are better than you. The other is Hitler. (oh yeah, I like jokes as well.) I could go on, but I'm already getting the urge to destroy what I just wrote, be sad I did and repeat the cycle, so I may as well actually do something that may help me do what I want to do for the rest of my life for once. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Thanks in advance for all the warm welcomes.
What I have written: Nothing. (Yet!)

What I am writing: The Tower, book one in the Mirththorn Chronicles.

274 Reviews

Reviews: 274
Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:05 am
cleverclogs says...

Welcome to YWS! Hope you have a blast here :D
In the beginning, the universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams

This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:43 am
Mageheart says...

I already welcomed you on your wall, but welcome to YWS! When I was younger I tried reading both of your favorite series; I was more into the Brotherband Chronicles than Ranger's Apprentice. I didn't finish either, mainly because (in the case of Ranger's Apprentice) I became distracted by other series, or (in the case of the Brotherband Chronicles) the books were still being written. But I was hopelessly in love with the Brotherband Chronicles. :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:23 am
Astronomer says...

Welcome to YWS!

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:57 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to the site!
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
— Ernest Hemingway