z

Young Writers Society

The Gath is back

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:14 am
TheGatherer says...

So, hello fellow Yewis!

It feels great to come back. I've got all these kinds of new ideas sizzling inside. Can't wait to share them with you.

I kind of wonder what happened to my old followers. It's been almost five years since my last wall post and I've been trying to get back here ever since. I hope, at least, it works out this time :P

So, from all the following, who can say "aye" because they're here?

@Rosendorn @GeeLyria @Lavvie @Payne @Deanie @Snoink @emoticon220 @PoetryWorkshop @gsppcrocks10 @MasterGrieves @winterbites @snowberry23 @JabberHut @Adriana @SubjectBlue @SisterItaly @Katlyn67

Hopefully this list will get bigger... Maybe it's a bit far-off, but I'm currently working on a new genre I'm not very familiar with. I can't recall much else to say, but please feel free to ask me questions :) I doubt much anyone can remember me here heh, but I hope I can get to know all the new people.

Cheers!

PS I wasn't really sure, but I recall that this thread could also be used for recurring members. Hope I'm not doing something wrong...
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:32 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Welcome back, TheGatherer! I count six of those you tagged who I see active around the site for the most part. I'm sure you'll fit into the groove of things again! c:
100% autistic

8 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:19 am
TheGatherer says...

Oh, thanks Holy (or shall I say socks?). Anyway, I've seen you've changed your username. What was it like before?

And I can't change my awful profile picture. It doesn't let me delete it nor add a new one. What a bummer! Everything was working so perfectly... :D
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:43 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I used to be Rosey Unicorn, if that makes a difference :P

I have what feels like vague memories, but, uh, yeah. Five years.

Welcome back!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

494 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:24 pm
Holysocks says...

You can call me pretty much anything and I won't mind. I've never changed my username! Then bit in my signature is a joke. :P

You can change your avatar by clicking on the gear (right next to the home tab that looks like a house on the far left), then when the screen loads you're going to have to click "profile" from the new list of tabs on this page, and once that loads, to the left there will be a list and one of the things on that list should be "edit avatar" that's the one you want. Then you just click the "browse" button to look for pictures on your device that you may want to use. And I think the rest is pretty straightforward- once you've picked an avvie you like and have uploaded it, just remember to click the submit button! c:
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:27 pm
Holysocks says...

Oh I just re-read your message and realized it's more of a technical error.

Is it your own images you're trying to upload? I find often times your own pictures are too big and need to be switched to a different format or something, whereas pictures you save from the Internet tend to work.
100% autistic

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:39 am
Payne says...

Welcome back, Gatherer!!
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:02 pm
Snoink says...

Aye! And fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive years! Wow. Anything big happen during those five years?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:31 am
emoticon220 says...

Dang son! it's been a minute! How yah doin?
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

8 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:24 am
TheGatherer says...

@Rosendorn I wonder what those memories are, all I can remember are those chat conversations I used to have in the chatroom. Hopefully our absence of mind we'll give me a fresh start :)

@Holysocks I must have read it backwards, because it's a really straightforward joke. I'm not getting the joke, but I see it's... umm a joke (and a great one-liner :D

@Holysocks I was actually confusing profile picture with avatar. So, the actual avatar I wanted ended up as a profile picture. And, even though my post was about my profile picture, you told me how to change my avatar. But now I understood the message and promptly changed my avatar. This is great!

@Payne :smt006

@Snoink Oh, I could spend days writing about it... but, long story short, I've managed to find my MBTI type and I've got to embrace my INFPness. I've also finished highscool, made lots of new friends and discovered an amazing self-development activity. It's been quite a journey for the past few years...

@emoticon220 Hello! I'm doing just great, and you?

On a side note, it's good to get to see all of you replying, but I hope this post gets to more people. People I didn't tag, for instance... (Please say hi!)

Spoiler! :
Now off to my first project!
— Unknown

Man is by nature a political animal.
— Aristotle