z

Young Writers Society

Did you miss me?

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:56 pm
View Likes
reikann says...

They say you can't miss what you've never had, but I beg to differ - they've never met me. Ba dum dum tssch.
After that egotistical opener, hello to you all! I'm Rei, I was referred here by an acquaintance from NaNoWriMo, and my competitive nature flipped when I saw a point system for reviews. So chances are I'll be here to try it out for a spell.
Who am I, then? My name is Rei and I write fantasy. My favorite book is A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Nozeki, my favorite fanfiction is My Immortal, my favorite TV series is Madoka Magica, and my favorite word is pentimento.
I'm quite the social creature on the internets, so long as I'm lacking in spare time, so please do say hi!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:20 am
Holysocks says...

Hey Rei! Welcome to the site! C:
100% autistic

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:28 am
Astronomer says...

Hello there @reikann ! Welcome to YWS, and I hope you enjoy your time here. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'm sure we'd love to help you out.

86 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:40 am
reikann says...

Thanks, guys! I'm happy to be here.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:35 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Welcome to the site! It's awesome to see that you're already reviewing so much!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

86 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:40 am
reikann says...

Meandbooks wrote:Welcome to the site! It's awesome to see that you're already reviewing so much!

Thanks! I can't wait to earn more stars. That shiny status symbol just sparkles so bright... does anyone know how many reviews each level takes?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:57 am
Holysocks says...

25 is when you get your second star, and here's the thread where you can see what it'll take to go further! Best wishes in your reviewing endeavours! ;)
100% autistic

86 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:00 am
reikann says...

Ah, thank you! That's exactly what I had been looking for!

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:23 am
Kazumi says...

Yay

Welcome to YWS, that place where you'll meet some weird personalities, but you'll love them anyway.

Also, since you're new and you're reviewing like a madman, I suppose you're in the stage that I call the "Newbie's Review High." It's when a new member goes super ham on the reviews at first. But when the new member is past the high period, they start to review less and less or worse, if they are unfortunate enough, they stop reviewing.

It's just a small warning. Not necessarily the worst thing ever, but this is worth knowing.

Anyways, just keep going ham on those reviews, and I'll see you again in the future.
top kek

86 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:13 am
reikann says...

I suspect you're quite right. It takes me a relatively long time to finish a review because I do like having something constructive and in-depth to say, so getting out the 10 last night took four hours. That's not a pattern that will hold, especially once summer vacation family visits kick in, but for now, I'll be content to earn a second star.
Thanks, and nice to meet you!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:21 am
LordZeus says...

Welcome to YWS @reikann :D I agree with outvaders on what he said about reviewing. I barely review nowadays. But I hope you have as much fun here as we do.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:56 am
Wolfi says...

I haven't found enough time to review lately either, but during July I'll be (hopefully) participating in Team Tortoise, where you write one review a day for one month!

Welcome to YWS! ;)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain