z

Young Writers Society

Hi everyone!

Reviews: 1
Mon May 16, 2016 5:51 am
vii says...

Newbie here!

I found this place through my boyfriend who's been a member for a while. I normally frequent avatar sites but it's a hassle saving up for items and that's a pressure I didn't necessarily want. My last internet home shut down recently so I'm trying to settle into new places where I see them. Feel free to call me Vi or Lexus.

Most of my writing is character based, and I like to focus on emotions and dialogue. It also tends to be very vague, so it doesn't necessarily follow the same character, although there might be similar elements between more than one piece. I do have my fair share of original characters, and I love creating scenarios for them that really put their development to the test. Vi (I had to make it vii because just 'vi' was too short) is the name of one of those characters; a favorite, so I thought I'd name myself after her.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Mon May 16, 2016 6:27 am
Kazumi says...

Ayyy, welcome to YWS.

Now get out there, let your imagination run free, and publish something great for all to see.

I'll see you at the Green Room.

By the way, don't be shy to approach anyone around if you have some problems. This place is friendly stuff, and I'm sure they'd be glad to help you out.
top kek

Reviews: 1
Mon May 16, 2016 6:42 am
vii says...

Thanks for the welcome! It's almost midnight or I'd be looking for the first piece I'd like to publish, lol. I can't wait to get into the community here, I'm really glad to see it so active.

25 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 25
Mon May 16, 2016 6:45 am
Gringoamericano says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS, don't be afraid to ask for any help regarding the site.

Sucks to hear about this old site. What was it?

And what are some of these favorite books and tv shows you brought up?
"Can't break an omelette without making a few eggs"

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon May 16, 2016 8:39 am
Mea says...

Welcome to YWS! I hope you're liking what you find here. :D If you have any questions, feel free to ask one of the moderators! (We're the ones with the green or red usernames.)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon May 16, 2016 9:29 pm
Carlito says...

Hello and welcome to YWS! We're happy to have you here! :D

YWS is about as active as they come in terms of writing sites, so you found a good place. :) I look forward to seeing your work around the site! Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to help you get used to the site! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed May 18, 2016 5:44 pm
Lightsong says...

Welcome! Ooh, I'm interested to read your piece! I'm more to plot based, so reading something not entirely familiar to me would interesting! Hope you enjoy your stay here! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Thu May 19, 2016 3:37 am
rainforest says...

Welcome to YWS!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta