z

Young Writers Society

Hi there!

Reviews: 0
Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 am
View Likes
Bookaddict2000 says...

I'm new and a bit lost :? but I was told to introduce myself so here I am :) So yeah, i'm not really sure what I'm supposed to put here..I guess I'll tell you a bit about myself XD So my name's Sarah I'm a Christian homeschooler. I like to sit in bed and write :D but I also like to go out side and climb trees and stuff...and this isn't turning out very well XD
You woke up to battle the same demons that left you so tired the night before, and that my love, is bravery.

|-/

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Fri May 06, 2016 8:18 am
writerkitty says...

Hello there Bookaddict2000! :D
Welcome to YWS! It's always good to see new members every day! I'm writerkitty and I've been here for about 4 months and I must say this is a really amazing website for young writers like us. We can post our short stories,poems, novels etc and get really helpful feedback from other writers. Not only that YWS has clubs where you can join and engage in various activities like character interviewing and stuff. Also, there are various writing competitions too.

^_^ And not to worry, almost everyone's really helpful and friendly here. So you don't have to worry about asking questions if you have any. If you have any problems you can ask me or the mods, they'll help you out for sure.
(People with green names)

And since you mentioned that you're a little lost, I'll just explain a bit about how everything works here. Okay, so you already introduced yourself! :D Great job! When you join YWS you earn 200 points. You can use the points to submit your work at the 'Publishing Centre'. (It costs 200 points to publish one work)

And after you do so, you'll get reviews and comment from other writers. :) And if you hope to publish more, you need more points. To earn more points you need to review. ^_^ For each review you write you can earn points. (the no. of points depends on the word count) And once you wrote 5 reviews you can access the chat bar. (And you can also earn stars.)

Here are a few links to some helpful pages that might come in handy when you're writing a review.

The YWS Critique Sandwich

The Big Book of YWS Codes

What isn't a good critique?

Well, that's the basics, and if you need to know anything just let me know. You can post your questions on my wall or just PM (send a private message)

Really glad to have another new member, hope you have fun!!! :D
Oh, and what do you like to write? I write action/adventure and fantasy novels! ^_^

See you around,
writerkitty

Just keep writing, writing, WRITING! :D

Fri May 06, 2016 8:47 am
Bookaddict2000 says...

I love to write fantasy :D and thanks a bunch :)
You woke up to battle the same demons that left you so tired the night before, and that my love, is bravery.

|-/

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri May 06, 2016 11:44 pm
Brigadier says...

Welcome to YWS!
Hey there Sarah and welcome to the society of young writers.
Writerkitty has already given you some great information and I wouldn't want to overlap. I just wanted to tell you about a couple of clubs that might fit for you. You said you are a Christian and a homeschooler. Guess what, there is a club for both. I attached the links to the clubs below.
To join clubs all you have to do is click subscribe on their main page. Most of them will have an introduction forum under the 'Forums' tab. Just write a similar message there. I believe that a club also exists for fantasy writers but I'm not sure.
I'm actually going to be here for six months next Friday and I'm still discovering stuff about the website. The Critique Sandwich and Book of Codes will be your best friends.
If you ever need someone to talk to just shoot me a PM. Once you finish those first five reviews, I'm available in the chat bar for most hours of the day.
Have fun.
Lizzy

Homeschoolers Club

I couldn't find the Christian club so I guess I was wrong. I know there is a Roman Catholic club because I follow it. Maybe you should create a club for that.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sun May 08, 2016 10:33 am
Lavvie says...

Hi bookaddict and welcome to YWS!

You have been lucky to be welcomed already by such knowledgeable members. We are a really friendly bunch here :) As you can tell, people are very eager to answer questions. Feel free to also bother the green people around, like myself, as well!

I am looking forward to seeing you around the site!

Best,
Lav

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

Sun May 08, 2016 10:21 pm
Bookaddict2000 says...

Thanks! You guys are awesome :D

|-/

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun May 08, 2016 11:29 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Hi @Bookaddict2000! Welcome to YWS!

Sarah is a pretty name! Like Lavvie said, we're really friendly and we like to answer questions! XD Another homeschooler? We seem to have a few of those around. Do you have any favourite books and/or genres?

See you around!

~ Scar.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Mon May 09, 2016 9:11 pm
View Likes
Bookaddict2000 says...

I really enjoy fantasy :) some of my favorite books right now are: the inheritance cycle, the chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the rings, and stuff like that. :D

|-/

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat May 14, 2016 6:40 am
Iggy says...

Arwen! Love the avvie. ;) welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Sat May 14, 2016 7:30 am
Bookaddict2000 says...

Thanks! :)

|-/

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed May 18, 2016 5:46 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Welcome! If you want to ask any question, feel free to tell me about it! ;) I like to be in bed and write too! Hope you enjoy your stay! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Thu May 19, 2016 3:36 am
View Likes
rainforest says...

Welcome to YWS!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott