z

Young Writers Society

Hey there.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:09 pm
View Likes
HSJ says...

Hey there people, my name is Joshua Thompson, and I use the pseudonym HSJ, which stands for something a little bizarre. I'm almost 15 years old and I live in France. I am currently bilingual, and I'd consider myself (super) fluent in French. At the moment I'm currently learning German in French, which isn't as complicated as it might sound. I've loved writing since I was a small kid. Y'know, I used to make small books by stapling pages together and even illustrating silly covers.

My favourite genres are fantasy and science-fiction, and I'm a fan of post-apocalyptic writing and other sub-genres within the realm of sci-fi, an example being cyberpunk. I'm currently reading the Temeraire series written by Naomi Novik, as well as the Bartimaeus Trilogy written by Jonathan Stroud. Apart from these two book series, I absolutely love the Redwall and Artemis Fowl series, too. I myself have written a lot of fan fiction for video games in my spare time, which can be interesting, and some original projects of my own.

Outside of writing and reading I play football and table tennis, and like to play video games and watch series. As video games go I play, and have played, games like Terraria, Skyrim, Undertale, Garry's Mod, AC, and much more. My all-time favourite TV series is Supernatural. I also enjoy watching Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Flash, and Lucifer.

There we have it! Hope to meet some cool people and I'm certain a lot of you might already be half-asleep by the end of this.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:28 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

Spoiler! :
German in French? o: I can't even learn Spanish in English.

Hey Josh, you seem pretty cool. ;) I'm looking forward to seeing how you contribute to the site. If you have any questions or just want to talk, my inbox is open.

Welcome to YWS!
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:28 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Hi HSJ and welcome to YWS!

I also live in France, although I do miss my home, which is across the ocean. Supernatural is also one of my favourite tv shows!

Let me know if you ever want me to review something for you. I would be happy too!

Profite bien de YWS!

Lav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:02 pm
View Likes
HSJ says...

Savvy wrote:
Spoiler! :
German in French? o: I can't even learn Spanish in English.

Hey Josh, you seem pretty cool. ;) I'm looking forward to seeing how you contribute to the site. If you have any questions or just want to talk, my inbox is open.

Welcome to YWS!

Thank you very, very much. You seem pretty cool too. Yeah I'm familiar with forums and whatnot, but if I ever find myself in a sticky situation--no not if I need to hide a body--I'll call for you.

Lavvie wrote:Hi HSJ and welcome to YWS!

I also live in France, although I do miss my home, which is across the ocean. Supernatural is also one of my favourite tv shows!

Let me know if you ever want me to review something for you. I would be happy too!

Profite bien de YWS!

Lav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I miss living in England, I get to visit my dad every holiday which is awesome. Supernatural is also one of your favourite TV shows?! Awesome!

Sure thing, if I do submit something I'll let you know if I need a review on it. I myself have written my first review and I'm pretty proud of it, I guess.

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill