z

Young Writers Society

Hi Everyone.

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:43 pm
View Likes
AjLongsPiano says...

Dear Members of YWS,

I've been browsing this website and I must say that it's pretty wonderful. It'll be great to eventually get to know you all. My name is AJ and I'm a pianist, composer, and writer. Music is actually my biggest passion in life, but recently I took up writing as well. I look forward to reading the material that you all post as well as sharing my own. Tell me a bit about yourselves. I'm excited to get to know you all. :)

Best,

AJ

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:11 am
Meerkat says...

Hey there, AJ.
I'm Meerkat. I like reading, playing video games, and writing short stories (I haven't got the attention span to work on a novel). It's really neat that you compose music; I bet it takes a lot of talent. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the community here, and I'm looking forward to seeing your writing.
Welcome to YWS, and have a great day!
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." –Terry Pratchett

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:30 am
InfiniteRectangles says...

Hello! InfiniteRectangles here! I am also a musician, but I don't compose. I play a few instruments, sing in a choir, and occasionally conduct (tis much fun!) Anyway, I hope you like it here and I'm looking forward to reading some of your work! :)
Welcome to YWS and have a wonderful day/night! :D
"We are, as a species, addicted to story. Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories" ~Jonathan Gottschall

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:07 pm
TribeofArt says...

Hello TribeofArt here! I'm not a musician and still a student but I do play musical instruments since i grew up in a church and also I'm in a band. Drum,trombone,trumpet and the piano. Anyway nice to meet you and I hope you take the time to read my work titled, "Falling in Love With An Idiot" =)

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:14 pm
AjLongsPiano says...

Thank you all so much for your awesome replies! You all make this a very welcoming community. Thanks for making me feel comfortable here already :) .

@Meerkat,

Nice to meet you, Meerkat. What kind of books do you like reading? Writing music is a journey for sure.. To write music successfully, you have to dedicate all of your time to it. My most successful times of composition are when I lock myself away in my back piano room and don't stop composing for hours. Feel free to send me some of your short stories, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading them.

@InfiniteRectangles,

That's a cool username. Do you like mathematics? It's nice to see other fellow musicians here. Do you like conducting? I've never had the opportunity to try it, but it looks tremendously difficult to do well.

@TribeofArt

Hi, TribeofArt. In my book, if you play a musical instrument you're a musician! The piano is my favorite, as I'm sure you can tell. I'll be sure to check out your piece shortly.

It's great to meet you all.

Best,
AJ

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:10 pm
InfiniteRectangles says...

Yes, I like physics and applied mathematics (which is kind of ironic because my username is based off of a theory xD) Also, I love conducting! It can be a real workout during long sessions though lol. It's honestly not as hard as it looks. The only time it gets really difficult is with complicated meter changes and such. For some reason though, I find it much easier to conduct a choir than a band or orchestra. I think it's because there are less sections to keep up with.
"We are, as a species, addicted to story. Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories" ~Jonathan Gottschall

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:10 pm
Meerkat says...

Hi, AJ. I mostly enjoy adventure and sci-fi, though there are great books in every genre. Horror's my choice for short stories, however. Here's one story I wrote:
A Test of Will
What do you think you'll be writing here on YWS? Short stories, novels, poetry, lyrics?
Whatever it is, I'll be excited to read it!
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." –Terry Pratchett

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:15 pm
AjLongsPiano says...

@InfiniteRectangles,

Math is awesome, isn't it? That makes sense about the conducting. Maybe one day I'll try it haha.

@Meerkat,

I'm going to check out your story right away. I'm excited to read it. A few hours ago I posted the first chapter of a Novella I'm writing in the novel section. Feel free to check it out if you'd like :)

Best,
AJ

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:25 pm
backroadstraveler says...

Hey AJ, backroads here- it's so awesome to find another musician on here and it is so cool that you can actually compose music! Welcome to YWS!
Eggs are scrambled, eyes are addled, and brains should never be eaten

-The Lady Peg

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:54 pm
AjLongsPiano says...

@backroadstraveler

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for the warm welcome. Do you play an instrument?

Best,
AJ

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:26 am
backroadstraveler says...

@AjLongsPiano yeah, trumpet and oboe
Eggs are scrambled, eyes are addled, and brains should never be eaten

-The Lady Peg

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott