z

Young Writers Society

Introduction

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:04 am
alliecat153 says...

Hello, I'm alliecat153. Obviously I'm new here and I'm here because I like to write but have yet to find a good place to share it. This also seemed like a positive way to get feedback, which I'm super excited about, and read other people's amazing work. If anyone could tell me how this place works that would be great!

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:11 am
Brigadier says...

Hey there alliecat153. Welcome to YWS!

Have you read the FAQ for New Users yet? If not start there.

When you join YWS you get 200 points. Each piece that you want to publish cost 200 points. Once you run out you need to start reviewing. Read The YWS Critique Sandwich for some help with reviewing. You'll also want to head over to the Green Room. In the GR resides works that don't have two reviews. I recommend reviewing a short story or poem first and then moving onto chapters. That way you just get a feel for reviewing.

So what genre do you write? I'll look for your works in the Green Room.

Good luck and have a nice day.
Lizzy

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:24 am
Storygirl95 says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS! :D
I think you'll really like it here. It's a very supportive community that all helps each other. Even if we have critiques, they're all constructive and meant to help you better your writing. So yep, you're right! We're pretty positive.
Lizzy pretty much got the most basic part down, on how to post works and where they are, but she's right about the FAQ. It's much more helpful than we could be, even though we try. It seems a bit intimidating at first, but I promise it gets to be really easy the more you do it.
Also, feel free to ask any questions you can't find on the FAQ! There's a wealth of information here, and we're all very friendly.
So, anyway. Welcome again! I look forward to seeing you around! :)
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 pm
Steggy says...

Welcome to YWS! Hope you enjoy it here. :)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec