z

Young Writers Society

Hello, I'm Moonwatcher!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:52 am
Astronomer says...

Hello, I'm Moonwatcher, and I'm new to the site. I'm really hoping this place isn't like certain writing websites. I'm usually good at navigating things on my own, but help with the site would be amazing!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:05 am
Holysocks says...

Hey, welcome to the family! I love your avatar by the way- that moon is beautiful!

Have you checked out The Buddy System yet? You can chose a mentor there who can help you figure out the site and review some of your works, and be your buddy! C:

I'm pretty sure I can guarantee YWS is not like "certain" websites. ;) I hope you come to love it here!
100% autistic

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:08 am
Brigadier says...

Hey there Moonwatcher. Welcome to YWS!

Sorry to hear that the other writing websites you tried didn't work out. Were you referring to WattPad or something similar? And by the way, what genre do you write? I'll keep an out for your works in the green room.

And to publish works, you'll of course need points. Points are gained through reviewing. The YWS Critique Sandwich should prove helpful to you. I didn't read it when I joined, that was a mistake.

You have probably already the FAQ for New Users forum posts. If not I included the link.

If you have any questions or just need someone to talk to just PM me or send a chat in the chat bar.

Good luck and have a nice day.
Lizzy

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

117 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:09 am
Astronomer says...

Thank you, Holysocks!

117 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:15 am
Astronomer says...

Thank you, Liz (if I can call you that)! I tried my first review, and the critique sandwich seems useful. I write spiritual things, fantasy, and some science fiction. What is the Green Room? I have a tab on the site for it, but I'm not sure what it's for (sorry, I don't know these things ;-;). I've tried Wattpad, but I'm personally not a fan. I see things for writers here and there, but the members there are so rude, sometimes because I'm new. So far, the Young Writers Society seems nice.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:32 am
Brigadier says...

Liz, Lizzy, any variation of my username is fine. I never liked Wattpad much either.
The Green Room is where all of the works stay until they get two reviews. When you first start reviewing, I find it best to do either poems or short stories. After you get more comfortable you might want to move onto chapters. There are quite a few in the green room at the time being that didn't get hit by review day.
Just keep working on your reviews. I find that if your review is over 1,000 characters (which means 100 points) and you have covered all aspects of the story, then that's what you should aim for. Green Room works also add an extra 25 points so it's a bit of an incentive.
YWS is a very fun place. If you want to get to know more people I would suggest going into the lounge one day. They are actually quite a few people there now.
Once again, good luck.
Lizzy

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:30 am
Storygirl95 says...

Hi, Moonwatcher!
Welcome to YWS!
Everyone else pretty much said all the helpful things already, sorry I'm late to the party haha.
Don't worry about it being like certain other sites. I know EXACTLY what you mean.
This community is not only very active, you'll always get reviews and good ones at that, but they're very kind too. It's SUCH a supportive group of lovely people, and they're always there for writers. Even if there's a critique, it's only done for the benefit of your writing and isn't meant to be cruel. I'm sure you'll come to love it just as much as the rest of us do.
So anyway! I hope you get to know us more so we can show you that we're a community worth being a part of. I hope you have a wonderful night, and have fun writing!
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness
— Allen Ginsburg