z

Young Writers Society

Saying Hello

Reviews: 2
Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:08 pm
View Likes
SonofApollo says...

Hello my name is Joshua. I'm trying to be a serious author but writing is hard. I've been struggling to write a story for three years, but I continue to lose faith and the drive to proceed. I'm here looking for support and motivation.

Ps: I'm incredibly shy and the idea of talking to people in real life or in text makes me queasy, but all comments are greatly appreciated.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:46 pm
Ivywater says...

Hello SonofApollo, welcome to the site :)
I am exactly like you. I'm extremely shy, and talking does make me queasy (mainly when starting a conversation).
I can help you think of some ideas for your story, but I'm awful with grammar...
Spoiler! :
If you're reading this I hope something good happens to you today <(0^0)>

If plan A doesn't work, stay calm, the alphabet has 25 more letters to go.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:03 pm
Lefty says...

Welcome to the site, Joshua! I hope you like it here. :) There are some really awesome people on YWS who offer tons of support, so you've definitely come to the right place. Let me know if you have any questions about anything!

-Lefty
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:17 pm
Sarah12 says...

Welcome, Joshua! I was really shy when I started on here too, but everyone on here is really friendly and polite. You can PM me if you have any questions, and I hope you enjoy this site!!
A note for all writers! If something goes wrong in your life, yell "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:52 am
Storygirl95 says...

Hi, Joshua! Welcome!
Don't worry, we all understand. Writing IS hard. It's probably the hardest thing I've ever done.
You'll certainly find motivation here.

Also, don't worry too much about being shy. We're all a bunch of hermits who stay inside all day and chat with each other. I was so scared to talk to anyone for like a whole month on here. Once I did however, it was great. Just take it slow, we'll show you we're nice. :D
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:26 am
deleted21 says...

Welcome to YWS c:

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:17 am
Skydreamer says...

Welcomeee!! Enjoy yourself!
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken