z

Young Writers Society

Introduce Yourself A Second Time

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Nate says...

To see the responses from the last time I did this, check out: Introduce yourself for a second time

So anyways, take the quiz and tell us a little bit about you!

1. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?

2. If you were an animal, what would you be?

3. What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime?

4. When you were little, who was your favorite super hero?

5. What’s your favorite thing to do in the summer?

6. If they made a movie of your life, which actor would you want to play you?

7. If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be?

8. What’s your favorite cartoon character?

9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go?

10. What’s your dream job?

11. Are you a morning or night person?

12. What's your number one pet peeve?

13. If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction?

14. If you had six fingers, what would the sixth finger be called?

Easy cut and paste:
Code: Select all
[b]1. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?[/b]

[b]2. If you were an animal, what would you be?[/b]

[b]3. What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime?[/b]

[b]4. When you were little, who was your favorite super hero?[/b]

[b]5. What’s your favorite thing to do in the summer?[/b]

[b]6. If they made a movie of your life, which actor would you want to play you?[/b]

[b]7. If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be?[/b]

[b]8. What’s your favorite cartoon character?[/b]

[b]9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go?[/b]

[b]10. What’s your dream job?[/b]

[b]11. Are you a morning or night person?[/b]

[b]12. What's your number one pet peeve?[/b]

[b]13. If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction?[/b]

[b]14. If you had six fingers, what would the sixth finger be called?[/b]

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 pm
View Likes
steampowered says...

It would probably be salt popcorn, since I'm addicted to the stuff. I sometimes get through big share bags in the space of a couple of hours. Unfortunately I'm leaving home soon so I won't be able to afford it (or perhaps that's fortunate, considering it's not exactly healthy)

I would be a demon kitty. The sort that claws at furniture and gives its owner a "WHO ME?" look then blames the dog. It's always the dog. Every time.

Write a best-selling book series which is turned into a smash box-office hit movie franchise. Well, I can dream... If I'm being realistic, getting one book published would be nice.

OK... I actually have to admit that superheroes really, really freaked me out as a child. Take Spiderman, for instance. He didn't have a face on his suit, and spiders were terrifying. I was scared of the Incredible Hulk too.

Nowadays, I love superheroes and superhero movies. With the exception of Age of Ultron, but we don't talk about that. My favourite has got to be Iron Man, just because I love arrogant characters and Tony gets all the best lines. Plus, whenever he gets together with Captain America it's hilarious. XD

The same thing as I do in the autumn, winter and spring. Sit in the house and write.

Although if we're being season-specific, I do really like going for walks in the evenings when the sun turns everything a really warm golden colour.

Emma Watson, because Hermione has been my role model throughout life.

I would be Lemon Meringue. It's my all-time favourite and when we were kids my sister and I always used to go for lemon meringue ice cream.

Lisa Simpson, if we're going for Western-type cartoons. But my favourite anime character has to be Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist.

I'd go to Orkney! True, it wouldn't even involve me leaving the country, but it has some Stone Age archaeological settlements that I'd really like to go and see.

If I'd been better at maths and science, I'd have liked to have become an astrophysicist. But being a best-selling author would also be fab.

I'm an evening person myself. I don't like the morning because it's too early, and I don't like night because it's too late. But the evenings are when I'm relaxed and can function best.

When people use "your" instead of "you're" or vice versa. I know it shouldn't bug me but it really does. I also get annoyed by people who crack their knuckles.

13. If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction?

It would be a horror film, with me as the villain.

It would be called Frederick, and it would have a little bowler hat, a monocle and a moustache. I would reserve its use exclusively for the poking of people who annoyed me.
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:15 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Apples. I don't care if they came in bags or just hanging from a tree, apples are amazing. Also they keep the doctors away.

Does a dinosaur count? If not, I want to be a crocodile.

Perhaps finishing a novel. I've been putting off a lot of my novels throughout my life, and never "actually" finished one. If I do finish one, however, I want to publish it and hopefully surely it'll become a best seller.

I don't know. Maybe Thor.

Swim and go for a jog. I have a life outside of writing, ya know?

Ummm... I don't know about this one.

Mint Chocolate Chip.

This is like asking who your favorite child is.

Another one I'm not sure of. Maybe Izaya Orihara from Durarara!! Don't know - he just comes off as mysterious and I like that. If we are asking movie characters, perhaps Pocahontas or Belle.

Somewhere warm. Where I live now, it is cold and murky and ugghh.

An English teacher. As a part time job (if that one doesn't work out as well), then a author.

I love waking up but hate going to sleep.

People who get their "there" wrong. It bugs me to no end. Also people who repeat themselves over and over again. Like we get the point already. Move on.

A comedy with talking dinosaurs. Then towards the middle something sad happens. And at the end, it is a happy ending.

Sir Octave of the Sixth Finger District. I would use it to type twice as fast or to poke people in the cheek.

Some people might call me a mutant, but I don't care.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:56 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Ahh, this answer fluncuates depending on food. But I know with my gut, that I could absolutely live on grapefruits for the rest of my life, and if I had an endless supply of it, it would eternally fill out my hungry belly.

Hear me ROAR! I think that it's obvious that my spirit animal is a lion, so if I could actually transform myself into one, it would be insanely cool.

My answer is so simple, yet I have been lacking this. I want to be truly happy. That's really rolling in the deep, but it's literally that only goal that I actually really want to accomplish.

I don't really appreciate made-up super heros. I always looked up to other real life people. Yesterday I celebrated Dr.Seuss birthday, and he was like an iconic part of my childhood that really impacted my life by his books.

Defintively eat Haagen Dazs ice-cream, cause they take me to paridise and when I eat then it's like im in heaven. Of course, it's quite expensive so when I do eat, it's translates to binge-eating in gallons and just doing this for special occasions.

Drew Barrymore, although my life defintively isn't interesting enough to be ever made into a movie. Honestly though, Drew Barrymore is one of my role models which I look up to greatly and appreciate her honesty in her auto-biography The Wildflower. All the love <3

Chocolate chocolate chip. This is chocolate flavored ice cream with chocolate chips, so pretty specific then. Also, the chocolate should be dark and a little bit crunchy to my taste. A #1 winner for my tastebuds. ;)

I don't enjoy looking at cartoon characters at all, therefore this question is invalid.

If you entered my room, the whole theme is Aruba(the island) themed, so that is my ideal/perfect living destination in the world. Paradise on a lovely beach.

Helping teenagers like me, in the future, in any way, shape or form. I know how hard this transition can be, and if I could have an impact at all in their personal lives, it would put a big smile on my face everyday.

I'm a niteowl at heart totally. Night is my active domain, the only time where I feel at my greatest potential and have literally the greatest of energy ever. It's quite unusual to my family, but I love and will definitively utilize this time later on as an adult when I will have absolutely no bedtime set by myself or anyone else.

Hmm, this is so hard because I'm a pretty irritated person. But I will probably have to go with people who say "ummm" "uhhh" ""hmmm" in real life. You should take your time before you speak, so that you know and can say what you wanna say with no interruptions.

Drama all the way. There are daily panic attacks, temper tantrums, and meltdowns in my life. The drama of my emotional roller-coaster absolutely never seems to stop.

Piper.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:07 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

All of it.

I'm not sure, so I'm just gonna say newt 'cause I think newts are pretty neat even though I don't really know anything about them. But yeah. Newts.

I feel like I'm going to come up with a much better answer to this later...

Write. And. Finish. And. Publish. A. Book.

And make it good.

Uhhhh... Spider-man, I think, even though I didn't really watch superhero stuff I remember mostly watching the Justice League cartoons and Teen Titans.

I don't do anything... :-:

RYAN GOSELIN-- kidding, I'm kiddi-- GEORGE CLOO-- no, just kid-- ZAC EFRO-- definitely not him.
I don't know who.
Freaking, like
maybe...
Uhhh...
*shrugs*

Strawberry, because I think I'm really sweet, but most people, in my experience, don't like me. ;D

Sokka from A:TLA, ooorrr... Just about anyone from A:TLA, really. That show was great.

Canada because I've always liked Canada for some reason despite never having been there and I like to pretend all the Canadian stereotypes are real/make up new ones and ask my Canadian friend about them, it's fun.
Also, Canadian friend lives in Canadia, so...

I... don't... really... know...
I've been thinking acting might be cool for the past year, but I'm stupidly shy and doubt I could ever do that, so ehhh... I dunno what else I'd like to do, though. ;-;

What's morning?

People. Stupid people, especially, but just people because I'm not sure what my number one pet peeve really is and people seems like a nice answer either way.

Dramatically comedic sci-fi action film. No romance, that's DISGUSTING. BLEH. COOTIES. I'm kidding, though.

Steve. Steve has always been, like, a default name when I decide to name things that don't really need names. It used to seem like a name no one really had, like Bob still seems, but now I know of a few Steves and it's lost that sort of "flair". I still default to it, though, so... yeah. Congrats on the incredibly not-special name, hypothetical sixth finger.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

This is a really tough question... I love food... I think I'll go with sushi. Yes, sushi is good. :)

Um, wolf. Unless dragons count, then I'd be a dragon.

I'd like to volunteer at a wolfdog rescue.

Captain America

Walk around barefoot.

Erm, uh, a good one? I don't really know many actors. lol

Cookie dough!

Danny Phantom or Kim Possible.

Japan.

Writer.

Neither, I'm a sleep person.

When one person's laziness hinders another person's efforts.

Err, I dunno. Maybe a comedy?

Amazing. You have no idea how helpful that would be when playing the piano.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:15 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Peaches, yeah. Peaches are good. Or cookies, maybe.

A panther. So cool, so mysterious, so awesome.

Well, staying alive would be pretty important ;-; Um, publishing a book! Yeah!

Iron Maaaan.

I loove to eat ice cream. I hate hot weather but eating ice cream with my feet in a pool is the best. And visiting family! But mostly ice cream :3

Actors? What're those ?? But seriously, I know no actors. So sad. D:

This is my go-to question whenever conversations fizzle down. Anywaaaay, I would be ... hmm... cookie dough because cookie dough is pretty delicious.

Sokka, Toph, anyone from ATLA. <333 And, Ariel, if movies count!

No, no, no. Just one? Um, Italy. ;-; but also Switzerland and Ireland and England and Japan and plaaaaces.

Writer, or a mini shop owner like a bookstore/coffee shop/mini bakery/cafe. Or both.

Nightttt I hate mornings unless they involve donuts.

Well, I absolutely hate it when people misuse disabilities. Yeah, you're tottaaaally having a panic attack right now because you forgot how to spell "terrible". >.>

Comedy, obviously, from my hilariously awkward situations and humiliations.

Last time I checked I had ten fingers :O

Hmm... Xander. Yep.
Last edited by EternalRain on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:50 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Decisions, decisions. o.o Probably chocolate brownies? Or some kind of chocolate slice? I wouldn't say no to an endless supply of either of them.

Probably a fish of some kind. Preferably not one that would get eaten, but I've always thought fish looked like they were having a pretty chilled-out time.

Visit every continent, perhaps? Live abroad for a year/extended period of time, definitely. Publish a book. Whoops, that's three.

Didn't really have one, I don't think. I grew up with Disney and ABC for kids.

Walk into an air-conditioned room after being outside on a hot day.

I did one of those silly Facebook 'what actor do you look like' things on Facebook a couple of years back and got Mila Kunis, which was not entirely expected. Really, I have no idea.

Chocolate. For no other reason than that I like it, and I wouldn't want to be a type of ice cream I didn't like.

Edna from The Incredibles.

I'm actually planning on going there in a few months, but I'd really love to see Prague. All the pictures I've seen are so beautiful and o different to what we have here, so it's a city that I'm very keen to see for myself. I'd also love to get to Antarctica at some point, because that'd be amazing.

Something that allowed a little bit of travel, hopefully. I'd love to work in the field of particle physics or maybe astrophysics - either as a scientist or engineer and working with all the super fancy equipment and machines and learning more about the universe.

Night. I'm barely even a person in the morning.

When people spell Jane Austen's surname with an i. I get physically uncomfortable whenever I see it. Like, ugh.

Some kind of avant-garde, artsy film.

No idea, but it would mean that the middle finger would no longer be the middle finger... O.O
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:18 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Probably homemade chicken noodle soup. It's healthy, delicious, and I'll never get tired of it.

Either a falcon, because I'd love to fly, or a cat because cats are awesome.

Have a career in writing!

I was never into superheroes as a kid - I still don't have a favorite superhero.

Read stuff, write stuff, and watch stuff! Basically all the things I don't have time to do in the school year. (Mostly reading, though.)

I have absolutely no idea. Probably Emma Watson.

I'd be a chocolate ice cream sundae with everything in it, because that's the best kind of ice cream.

The Genie from Aladdin.

I've always wanted to tour Europe, particularly Britain.

Full-time author!

I am a legitimate morning person. We're a rare specimen, I know.

People arguing on the Internet. For many and varied reasons.

Honestly, it would probably be a comedy... xD

It would be called "my Precious," and I'd use it to play impossible chords on the piano.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:54 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Babybel cheese. I've been going through those a lot lately.

A monkey, haha.

Run a marathon on every continent and North Pole.

Either Superman or Mighty Mouse. Probably Mighty Mouse.

Read outside!

Leo DiCaprio.

Cookie dough.

Sokka.

I'd love to visit all the Roman ruins in Libya someday. Hopefully it'll be possible one day.

Administrating YWS full-time.

Probably a night person.

Standing on the left-hand side of the escalator.

The only time where I thought I might actually die was above the tree-line on a mountain in a sudden thunderstorm. So action-adventure.

Fred.

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:21 am
View Likes
deleted21 says...

Eww, food. ;_;

Owl! Or, dog! <3

Complete writing one decent novel. XD

Spiderman! He still is. c:

Read all night and sleep all day, my ideal routine!

Robert Downey.

Mango! :P

Ben from Ben 10.

Sierra Leone, please. c:

Full time photographer!

Morning? :O Heh. No, apologies. I'm a night person! >.<

When people talk in nonsensical ways about religions.

It'd be a adventure-comedy. XD

Nio :3

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:21 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

All variations of carbs + cheese + sauce.

A lion. But I don't eat meat so my second choice would be my pet rabbit Neville because he lives the cushiest life eva.

Traditionally publish a novel!
...and have it be a best-seller.
.....and have a movie made of it.

I wasn't really into super heroes as a kid, but now it's probably the Amazing Spiderman because Andrew Garfield = <3

Read as many books as possible, re-read the entire Harry Potter series, be outside as much as possible.

Emma Watson because she is everything <3.

Cookie dough because it's freaking delicious.

I'm guessing Disney characters count, and this is a cruel choice so I'm going to go with, Nala, Kovu, Belle, Mulan, Pocahontas, and Rapunzel.

This is so hard. I literally want to go everywhere. Top of the list right now is Costa Rica, Thailand, Indonesia, somewhere where I can go on safari and see a real lion, and Brazil again.

I'm literally months away from having it. Therapist for children.

I used to be a morning person, then college happened and I became more of a night person. Now I'm sort of in the real world and I can't stay awake past 10:30 90% of the time, so I'll say evening person :p

I don't now if it's my number one pet peeve, but I think my most irrational pet peeve is people that have their windshield wipers going faster than needed for the amount of rain falling.

It would totally be a romantic dramedy.

Extra.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:04 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

Well, this is hard. Could I get anything? Because the question doesn't specify it as being ONE thing, and I really wouldn't like living on one thing my entire life. I'd like lots of haleem. And lots of desserts. And rice. And chow mien. And pizza.

I don't like this question. D:

A panda, because pandas are cute and round and they eat and sleep all day. There's that issue of them being an endangered species though, which isn't all that fab, but. >.>

Er, I'd like to be a good person. To help people out in a way that actually ... impacts them? I would love to touch minds--to inspire, but it's definitely not something that looks like it's going to happen, haha.

IRON MAN. Iron Man was and is my favourite super hero because he's so devoid of teenagerish angst and I always found his mask to be super cool. I also really liked Hawkgirl. She's awesome.

Every summer, I come up with an intensive check-list of things I intend to do, but I just flop around watching television and sleeping instead, so. Er. I take naps?

Nicholas Cage, obviously.

Vanilla. Bland, predictable, but goes well with most toppings.

PERRY THE PLATYPUS.

jk, my favourite cartoon character's probably ... Mulan? Owaitno, it's definitely Mushu.

Iceland. Or perhaps Turkey. Turkey's high on my list.

Honestly? Something that lets me travel. I'd love to be a wildlife photographer, but writing is also fantastic. I wouldn't mind owning a bookstore/coffee shop/tea shop in one, though. Or a mobile library.

Er, both? It honestly depends on the situation ... and if I've had enough sleep to function appropriately in the morning. Otherwise, five o'clock in the morning is the best time of day.

I hate it whenever people drag anything along a surface--nails on chalkboard, fingers against plastic bags. Just. Please. Don't.

A dramatic comedy with slight bits of action (the latter being mostly attributed to clumsy situations resulting in me running from the consequences).

Each of my fingers would be called Billy Joe. Thus, the sixth finger would automatically be known as Billy Joe the Sixth and it will have a crown.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:57 pm
View Likes
Willard says...

Bell peppers or Airheads.
Gorilla.
Living in the city.
SPIDERMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
Watch movies.
John Wayne. Don't know why, I'd just find it amusing.
Cookie dough.
Spongebob. I love Spongebob, if you couldn't tell.
New York.
Film critic/stand up comic.
Night, but I'm slowly turning into a morning person.
When people burp and DONT EXCUSE THEMSELVES.
Indie comedy-drama.
The sixth finger?

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:31 pm
View Likes
Songmorning says...

Rice and beans.

100% Squirrel

Start an orphanage in Zambia.

Piccolo from Dragonball Z. (Does he count?)

Go camping with my family!

Jennifer Lien (she played Kes in Star Trek Voyager).

Mint chocolate is my favorite. Can I be mint chocolate?

Kobato (from the anime of the same name), because she's just like me! ^_^

Z-A-M-B-I-A <3

Orphanage mother in Zambia, as long as I have time on the side to write.

Morning person. I feel the smartest at 6 AM.

People telling me to do things that I'm already in the middle of doing. (But it's not their fault; they don't know.)

Drama--or a religious film (is that a genre)?

Piglet.
"...is there a being in the whole world who would have the right to forgive and could forgive? But there is a Being and He can forgive everything, all and for all, because He gave His innocent blood for all and everything." ~Dostoyevsky

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright