z

Young Writers Society

Introduction

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:18 am
Otavarice says...

Hello. I'm here to gain experience with my writing, and nothing else. Anything other than that will lead to me feeling envious.
I'm a budding fantasy writer. No, not your "Unicorns and fairies" fantasy. I'm talking culture-clash kingdoms, tyrannies, sacred weapons, modern demons.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:41 am
Holysocks says...

Welcome to YWS!

I'm curious; what are you hinting at when you say "anything other" and "nothing else"? Improving your writing is great, and I think that's why most of us come here... but what are you worried about getting envious of? and what are you thinking will get you envious? I'm only asking because you mentioned it, but if you don't feel comfortable answering me I'll completely understand!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay! Also, lovely genre. The fun thing about unicorns and fairies is they can be just as - or more - sinister as modern demons. That's what I love about writing.
100% autistic

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:41 pm
steampowered says...

Welcome to YWS! Fantasy is totes the best genre. c:

Let me know if you have any questions!
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:53 am
WritingWolf says...

Welcome! If you need any help navigating the site, or if you need a review, or really anything, juse send me a PM. I'd love to lend a hand.

Also, I hope you're not too set on writing experience being the only thing you accomplish on YWS. From my experience it's next to impossible to be a member of YWS and not make friends. Lol
I do wish you luck with your writing, and I hope that YWS will both help with that and be full of pleasant surprises. :)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:10 pm
Pompadour says...

I love reading and writing fantasy! What kind of books do you like to read?

Also, welcome to the site! c:
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:29 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Otavarice wrote:I'm talking culture-clash kingdoms, tyrannies, sacred weapons, modern demons.

This sounds fantastic.

I must concur, though, on the note of unicorns and fairies; I have a WIP that includes flesheating fairies that attack magic, and may very well be used as weapons by tyrants that be. They don't always need to represent bubbly fairytale creatures~

But, yeah. If you ever want to ramble on about worldbuilding, characters, demons or anything else, feel free to message me =]
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:59 am
micamouth says...

Welcome Otavarice! I'm Sagitta ^^

Hey, unicorns and faeries can be pretty damn cool sometimes - there is a Japanese unicorn called Sin-you that was noted for its ability to tell wrong from right. During a man's trial, it charged and killed the guilty. Faeries (fairies, fae, whatever) are not all tiny cutesy winged elves, either. Their magic is dark, dangerous, and far older than human society.
Ah, you're into my kind of fantasy! I love the deep dark stuff myself, and demons are pretty darn awesome. Kingdoms and wars are kind of a no-go for me - so big and complicated! However, I adore worldbuilding and creature building and that stuff. What's your favourite part of being a writer?

Glad to have you here! I'm really curious about your work o.o I hope you post some of it here!
formerly Sagitta

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable