z

Young Writers Society

I'm a new member!

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:24 am
View Likes
sauttize says...

Hi everyone, my name is Nícolas (i don't know if i can say that, but I think that I can. I want to think that) I'm from Uruguay, and if you are asking “Uruguayan people don't speak spanish?“ (Unless you don't even know where my country is. I don't blame you), well, yes, we do speak Spanish, but... I have to say that I did a little research in internet about young writers of my own language, and guess what, there is no forum active about that. So, it really upset me a little.

Maybe my english is not perfect (It's not), but I hope that it really gets better in here. I'm gonna read as much as I can and I hope that it works for me.

I'm probably not gonna write a lot because of the same (English is not my original language). But, I hope to learn a lot in here. By the way, the forum is really confortable, I really liked.

PD: I did not use Google Translate to wrote this, I feel really proud of myself :,)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:42 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

You can definitely share your first name, but I would say no to sharing your last name. Internet safety and all!

Welcome to YWS, Nicolas! Your English is great, so don't stress yourself out. I look forward to seeing your writing! <3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:45 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Hello, sauttize!

I have to say, I'm really proud of you too. I can barely hold a conversation in my second language and you seem to have a good grasp on grammar. I hope your time here helps you become more comfortable with the language. We have a lot of members from all around the globe so I'm sure you'll find someone who shares your native tongue here and if you're feeling up to it, you can even create a club to attract more people. ^^

Even if you aren't submitting a lot of original works, there are tons of other things to do here. What are some of your other interests besides writing? Are you much of an art person at all?
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:09 am
View Likes
sauttize says...

Oh, god. Thank you so much. Can I reply my own post? (Because this is what I'm doing. Sorry if I can't). I like to think that I'm a 'art person'. I like listening to music, reading books, watching movies, all that kind of things that “normal“ people use to do (Is eating/sleeping a hobby?). I have to say that I have a lot of issues when I'm writing, it seems so hard to express all the things that I want to express (even in my own language). What I'm gonna do next is trying to read some stories in the “Books“ section and make a review of them. I'm really thankful of your responses, It will be really nice to know more people of South America (or Spain) are in here. Thank you again for the support!
Last edited by sauttize on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:57 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Hey there, @sauttize! Welcome to YWS!

You can totally reply to your own post! I'm excited to see your artsy stuff and writing about the site. ^^ You can ask questions, too! In fact, that's encouraged (within reason, of course! XD).

See you around!

~ Scar.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:09 am
View Likes
sauttize says...

Thank you so much, you all are so nice!
I will definitely post my stories and stuff, but it have to be in the future, I'm not prepared yet.

Random avatar

Reviews: 94
Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:36 pm
View Likes
JumpyDot says...

Hi Nicolas (did I spell that right?) Welcome to YWS! I love your avatar!
Don't stress yourself out about your English, most people who have it as a first language don't use it properly anyways.
Have fun!

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:22 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

Welcome!
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:39 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS!

A really close friend of mine is from Uruguay. What a lovely country! Your English is really good so don't worry.

See you around :)

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf