z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:18 am
sleepless says...

Hello real people that I don't know. It takes a lot of push for me to join this but I am here. I enjoy writing, but only for myself and only if I know it will never ever see the light of the day. But someone very persistent has urged me to come out of this shell I built up, saying that this "talking to myself thing" really won't pan out. I write to escape the real world, to go to a place where I feel like I fit in perfectly, nothing to worry, nothing to fear. I've been told that my writing is good, I've been told it's bad. I hope I don't screw up...

Wish me luck!

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:31 am
EternalRain says...

Aw, hey, welcome to YWS!^^ Don't be afraid to post your work! :D Breaking out of that shell can be extremely difficult but once you do, you'll be happy! Here on YWS you can get so many great reviews from so many great people. :)

What kind of genre do you like to write?
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:54 am
FeatherPen says...

Hello sleepless and welcome to YWS. Most of what I write is just for myself too, but YWS is a great place to get feed back on what you do post. I do believe that talking to your self is one of the things to do to become an excentric writer, but talking to actual people probably helps with the writer part. :wink: By the way if you write then you will fit in here perfectly too. I you are feeling lost YWS seem so big when I first joind, this club is great clubs/1127 (and I just so happened to recently become a Mentor and am looking for a mentee, so I am shamelessly promoting it :smt003 ). The members with the green names are the moderators and they a pretty helpful as well. I look forward to seeing you around and hopefully reading your writing, Ferran :smt006
The world is what you make of it and the universe how you dream.
Previously FerranWright

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:02 am
deleted21 says...

Hey hey! You'll be FIIIIINE, don't worry!
*gives a packet of good luck!*
Hope that'll help! :D

And, the club Ferran mentioned above is really awesome! If you want someone to make you understand the site better and actually A Buddy :) , THE BUDDY SYSTEM is perfect!

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:23 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to the YWS!
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:26 pm
Lightsong says...

Welcome, sleepless! Hope you'll enjoy it being here - there'd be tons of reviewers who could review your works and give advices for improvement. :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:05 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS, sleepless~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:38 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Hi sleepless! Welcome to the site!

I don't normally like for people to read my writing, either, but YWS is great for decent feedback. I'm sure you'll settle right in! Don't be afraid to post anything and don't be afraid to ask questions. We're very friendly, I promise!

See you around!

~ Scar. ^^
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan