z

Young Writers Society

A (Im)Proper Introduction

Reviews: 1
Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:01 am
View Likes
Cain says...

Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing here. That's probably not the best introduction in the world, but I don't know how else to put it. I'm not a "writer." But I'd like to be. Maybe not a professional writer who actually publishes books because (let’s be honest) I highly doubt that ever happening for me.
The problem is, I have so many ideas, so many books I'd LIKE to write, but no idea how to start. I need someone I can trust to always "give it to me straight." Quite frankly, none of my personal friends or family even know I've always wanted to write. It's something I've been kinda sorta utterly terrified of. I WANT to find the backbone to write and I NEED help to get there.

You know, I think I just found what I’m doing here. By ranting.

Funny how that works.
*hypothetically walks away to find a buddy*

-Cain

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:17 am
Meerkat says...

Hi, Cain, I'm Meerkat.
Don't worry about feeling unsure where to begin in your writing—having lots of ideas is already a great start.
Have a great day/night, and welcome to YWS!
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." –Terry Pratchett

Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:43 am
Cain says...

Thanks Meerkat! By the way, I'm lovin' your name.
Funny how that works.

-Cain

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:18 am
FeatherPen says...

Hey Cain, Welcome. It sounds like you have come to the right place. :D Which anime is you wall background from? It looks familiar. From what you have said the buddy system might be a great club for you to join and incidentally I have just become a mentor. Here is a link clubs/1127/wall
I look forward to seeing you around, Ferran :smt006
The world is what you make of it and the universe how you dream.
Previously FerranWright

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:40 pm
deleted21 says...

Yeah Cain, I've got the same problem. Loads of ideas but again no idea how to start! >__< but i'm hopeful that I'll find my way! I'm hopeful for you too! <3

Welcome to the site~

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:43 am
LadySpark says...

Welcome to YWS! Tbh, you're going to find a lot of people in your shoes on this site. They don't want to be professionals, they just enjoy writing! Which is the best kind, if you ask me!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:24 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Well, this is the place for you then! Everyone here will help you learn and grow! I'd like to chat with you sometime, if that's okay XD

If you ever need help with something, feel free to PM me! I'd be happy to help you out, if I can! :)
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:02 am
Cain says...

FerranWright - Thank you! By the way, my avatar is from Tokyo Ghoul, and my background is Spirited Away.

Reneia - I'd love to take you up of the chat offer sometime!
Funny how that works.

-Cain

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:01 pm
View Likes
RSTorres says...

Hey Cain. Straighten that back of yours right up and get your pencil out. There is no way I'm letting someone with a passion for writing not get their chance at it.

But seriously though, get your pencil and an unused notebook lying around somewhere. Open to a page and start writing. Don't think, Cain. Just write.

I volunteer as tribute to ensure everything you get will be given to you straight. I'm cutting the soft pleasantries and all the push-over compliments. I know for a damn fact that there is a bestseller writer in you and I'll be a fool if I stand by idly and watch him stay in the shadows.

Hi, I'm Irene. & I am 100% sure I might be your answer.
"live like a warrior"

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:10 pm
atulsharma says...

It is the duty of a writer to give crarrier to ineffable and abstract waves he/she have in his tempest mind...you were successful in providing some , however you have a long way to go ...keep it buddy

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore