z

Young Writers Society

I'm gonna be the next JK or Hemingway. Just you watch.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:36 pm
View Likes
Chakeber says...

Hello fellow dreamers,

I say dreamers because that's what writers are. Dreamers. We dream up our work and we pour it onto paper to make it more real. It's how we work, it's how we are designed from day one. I'm here because unlike some writers, I want to be told what is wrong with my work, what doesn't make sense and how I can make it infinitely better than the draft I thought was the final one. Criticism is the one thing that has given us all of the amazing work that has shaped our minds and lives. JK Rowling was turned down hundreds of times before she was excepted and even after that her manuscript was bleeding so much it looked like it was attacked by downtown gangsters who love to play with knives. I hope to get the most out of my peers on this website. So help me out? I'll be sure to mantion you in my Nobel Prize award speech. ;)
Live with no regrets and full of passion.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:07 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Welcome to the site, Chakeber! I'm looking forward to reading some of your stuff! Let me know if you have any questions about anything and I'd love to help you out.

-Lefty
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:08 pm
View Likes
Masquerade says...

Welcome to YWS Chakeber! You've come to the right place if you're looking for critiques. YWSers are great reviewers.
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:15 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy it here. :)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:47 pm
Chakeber says...

Thanks Guys! I'm excited. I just posted my first piece so check it out if you like :)
Live with no regrets and full of passion.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:47 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome!
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:33 pm
deleted21 says...

It's awesome to see we've got an optimist here! ;)

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:44 am
LadySpark says...

Welcome to YWS!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:28 am
caitlynnoco says...

I beg to differ. I have a personal philosophy that all people can be categorized, like a punnett square, by two different personality questions: Optimist or Pessimist? Dreamer or Realist? There are some exceptions, like the dreamer-doers, but those kind of people end up being very rare, so they're not even worth mentioning.
So, with this in mind, hello dreamer. I am Caitlyn, and I am an optimistic realist.
oscar wilde.. that is all.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:00 am
Amnesia says...

I don't even want to address what I saw that was wrong with your opening because I'm a mean person when it comes to that but anyways welcome to our club. Just remember this is a tough occupation to make a living off of. Make a back up plan and stick to your dreams. We love dreaming too and here is where the dream starts
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:05 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee