z

Young Writers Society

Hi, my name is- What? My name is- Who?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:03 am
View Likes
austinturtle says...

Hey guys! Most of you should know where my title came from. If you don't, I highly recommend pop culture to you. I'm Austin, currently am 17 and I really like to write! I've only been seriously writing for about a year now and have mainly written short stories and screenplays. I don't read as much as I would want to, but I am a blossoming movie buff. You should know by now, but I absolutley love rap, and if I say so myself, I can freestyle fairly well. Other than that, I listen to alternative music also. I like eating all sorts of food, but I'm always in the mood for some sushi. My favorite color is purple, I am a gemini, and I try preserve a curious, bubbly, and happy six year old excitement. I'm always open to try new things and am fairly open for adventures and talking to anyone! I am not sure how often I'll post, but I'm excited to make connections with all of you and I'm really excited to read your work and post! Lets be better writers together!

25 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 25
Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:50 am
Gringoamericano says...

Welcome to the site!

What are some of your favorite books/movies/tv shows/comics/cave paintings/whatever? If you were skilled enough to make your dream story, what/who would you want people to compare it to? Who's your favorite rapper?
"Can't break an omelette without making a few eggs"

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:34 pm
deleted21 says...

Wow, I must say, good first post! I could never write so neatly about myself! >_<

Welcome to this awesome site and hopefully you'll get enough free time to enjoy here! Merry Christmas by the way! It's never too early! :P

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:20 am
View Likes
austinturtle says...

@mialynire Thanks man! But my introduction was a lot harder than I thought it would be, haha.

@Gringoamericano I really like the cave paintings located in the Southern Andes. For such primitive creatures, they depict such a beautiful scene of hunting wolves that represents carnage much better than, dare I say, Leonardo Da Vinci! Haha, jokes aside, I've only started to become familiar with literature and things like that. After taking a writing class, a lot of my past favorite works, I realized had a lot of flaws within them so I need to rediscover my taste. The movie Room was very good this year and my favorite rapper is Kendrick Lamar by far.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:19 am
Pompadour says...

Welcome to the YWS! Lovely to have you on-board~
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:51 am
SkyeWalker says...

Hello @austinturtle! You seem like a cool person! I'd like to get to know you better! Feel free to PM me or something! :D
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour