z

Young Writers Society

Newbie alert

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:59 am
View Likes
CarolineHart says...

Hello there! I'm Caroline, sixteen. I'm not a new writer, but I'm brand new to this community, and I'm loving it!

Hmm, a little about me.... I love coffee and I'm a sucker for YA novels, even the cliche ones. I just devour them, and would love to write some of my own, especially dystopian. But I also love more serious books. Non-fiction scientific books and papers, "for dummies" guides on computers, anything like that. Between that, my huge glasses, and my love for technology, I suppose you could call me an über nerd. Proud of that fact, though! I want to go into bio or mechanical engineering, and I one day want to work for NASA on life support systems. Definitely will still write on the side, though. And devour my Rainbow Rowell.

Think that's it for now. Probably should get going before I start over sharing (y'all don't really want to hear about how my nostrils are different shapes, do you?). See you around!

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:37 am
EternalRain says...

Hey, Caroline!^^ Welcome to the site~! :P :D :smt003
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:49 pm
deleted21 says...

Welcome to the site and we're really glad to have you with us! You want to work for NASA? :o Wicked, mate! I wish I could! Yeah Yeah, there are some unavoidable stuff but! You never know! XD

So, we should love it if you share your story/novel with us! Uh.. just out of curiosity, are you doing NaNo? If you are, good luck, only few days left! And, in that case, you might be interested in THIS!

So, yeah! :D Will be seeing you around!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:17 pm
LordZeus says...

NASA! Cool! When I was younger there was nothing I wanted to be more than an astronaut. Unfortunately I have little to no aptitude in theequired subjects so I gave that up. There's nothing I can do now but wait to get rich so I can pay someone to take me to SPAC. Because I really, really want to go to space, or at least visit NASA headquarters and see how they operate stuff in space. Well I'm rambling here so I'd better just get to the point:
Welcome to YWS!!! Oh you like YA and dystopian? Well the chapter in the link and the previous chapters (shown in related chapters) are of my YA novel. Please read it whenever you can and tell me what you think. Here's the link: Chapter 5: Fight on the Train
Again welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll soon love it as much as we do!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:20 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey! It's lovely to meet you! I'm reading Rainbow Rowell's Carry On atm and absolutely loving it!

And NASA sounds amazing, that would be such an incredible job.

Welcome to YWS!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:22 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS! Lovely to have you on board~
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:32 pm
Apricity says...

I approve of your choice of books, xD. And your dream job too. Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm
Sarah12 says...

Welcome! I'm sure you'll love the site. Everybody here is amazing :). Everybody is friendly, (and a ton better than me at finding mistakes in my writing). I can't wait to read some of your writing! If you need help with anything, just ask :D Anyone will gladly help.

Have fun, looking forward to reading you work,

Sarah12
A note for all writers! If something goes wrong in your life, yell "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:28 am
felistia says...

Hi, welcome to YWS. I hope you like it here. There are lots of fun things to do.

The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath