z

Young Writers Society

I guess I felt like introducing

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:50 pm
Marya says...

Err... Hey there..?
I just found this website and I am already in love with it. It seems pretty nice :D I am really looking forward to posting my stories here when I'll finish writing something good enough!
This was supposed to be an introduction... Well, I'm Maryana (Marya's the shorter version), I'm still a young author (plus, English is my second language and I have grammar issues sometimes) and so I'm expecting to find writing advice here, and, of course, meet some new interesting people. :wink:
I'm into reading and writing science fiction and stuff about parallel universes, angst (as a genre), dark stories and horror (Violence is my second name when it comes to that). Also I often write short poems, at least I do try :|

Hoping we'll get along :o
- Marya

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:58 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS, Marya! English is my second language, too--in fact, quite a lot of YWSers have English as a second language, and the community in general is super-helpful~

Looking forward to seeing some of your work! Buzz me if you have any questions. c:
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:10 pm
Carlito says...

Welcome again!

I'm always crazy impressed with people that have English has a second language. (I never would have guessed that was true for you!)

Looking forward to seeing you around the site!! :D :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:32 pm
Steggy says...

Hi c:

Welcome to YWS! From what I can tell, most people have English as their second language-- nonetheless, I am sure you'll fit right in ^^

I hope to see you around the site and if you need anything, let me know!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Apricity says...

Welcome to YWS! English is my second language too, look forward to seeing your around!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:34 pm
deleted21 says...

Welcome to the site, mate! :) English as a second language should be just fine! Don't worry and looking forward to reading your stories! See you around!

25 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 25
Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:45 am
Gringoamericano says...

Welcome to the site, Marya!

What are some of your favorite books and authors?
"Can't break an omelette without making a few eggs"

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:24 am
LordZeus says...

Welcome to YWS marya! I love sci-fi too. Please tell your age (curious) and your favourite books and authors. Someone may have already told you this, but to publish your own works on the site, you need points. To get those, you need to review other people's works. Oh and since you're into reading sci-fi, please check out this link:
Chapter 5: Fight on the Train
That's for the fifth chapter of my sci-fi novel. If you want to get the gist of people and events, please check out the previous chapters. You are under no oblgation to do this, but I'd really like it if you took a look, as I'd like to know what a fellow sci-fi fan's impression of my work would be.
Oh, and I never would never have guessed that english was your second language! I saw few grammar mistakes in your introductory post. However, if you'd like some help correcting the grammar in your work or other help, you could tag me when you publish a new work (Just post @LordZeus with a link to your work on your wall.) and I'll review it to help you out. Again, welcome to YWS and I can't wait to see your work!

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:10 pm
Tuesday says...

Welcome! :D

Hope you enjoy it here c:
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites