z

Young Writers Society

Hello Everyone

Reviews: 4
Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:02 am
View Likes
K4wa says...

Hello, i can't really say why i joined because as i haven't finished any of my writing yet, but when i will i will upload it for sure, just don't expect anything right away. And by the way, English is like my third foreign language so don't judge me :D

My favourite writers are, of course, HP Lovecraft, Robert E Howard ( I really love pulps), and to some extent Melville. I also have a special place for Carroll, 'Hunting of the Snark' is like the funniest poem i ever read.
My favorite piece of literature is 'The Metamorphosis' by Franz Kafka. (My profile picture)

The list of my favourite movies would be too long so i will just list my favorite movie directors: Orson Welles, Stanley Kubrick, Steven Spielberg (duh!) AND Guillermo del Toro.

My favourite music genre is, of course, Rock (especially Classic Rock, Blues Rock, Rock n Roll, Pop Rock) The closest i have come to Hard Rock is Led zeppelin, i don't really dig Metal (sorry metalheads).

Favourite bands being The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, The Who and The doors.

Hope I will manage to stick with you guys and don't disappear as i do on most other online forums :)

Hope we will get along, Thanks.

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:42 am
deleted21 says...

Welcome to the site and you seem like a cool person! Hope to see you around! :D

And, if you're looking forward to knowing this site a little better,
you can read this!

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:29 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS!
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:19 am
Steggy says...

Welcome to the YWS family! c:
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:58 pm
steampowered says...

Welcome to YWS! If you ever have any questions or need anything reviewed, feel free to let me know! :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:36 pm
Eros says...

@steampowered

Hey Steam! I am writing a novel on Mohit... How I fell in love with him, how I saw God in him, how he changed me..., transformed me and everything. I have published four chapters. Will you please suggest me some tips on how should I improve them?
NOVEL : Mohit--The Person Who Changed Me * Chapter 1*

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:51 am
Mea says...

Welcome to the site! Your English is actually really good.

And you're a fan of the Beach Boys! That's awesome!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:39 pm
Apricity says...

Lovecraft huh, and you like Kafka too. You should try Vonnegut one day if you haven't already, always good to see a reader around. Welcome to YWS!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Reviews: 4
Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:09 pm
K4wa says...

Hiraeth wrote:Lovecraft huh, and you like Kafka too. You should try Vonnegut one day if you haven't already, always good to see a reader around. Welcome to YWS!

Never heard of the guy, will add to my 'to read' list right away.
I assumed everyone was a reader here. :?

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos