z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:31 am
writersblock430 says...

Hello to the cyber world!
I am an extremely new member (joined about, oh, ten seconds ago) and just introducing myself. I used to write all the time but in the past few months have just stopped. Now I want to start back up again but the writers block is killing me? Anybody else with this problem?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:09 am
Steggy says...

Hi and welcome to YWS!

I am sure most people have had the case of writer's block. Sometimes it takes months before you actually settle in and go back to writing.

I hope you enjoy it here! :D And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Steggy
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:08 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Welcome to YWS!

I totally understand the writer's block issue, it's been bothering me all year pretty much! Just gotta muddle through it, really. Hopefully being able to talk about your writing here on YWS might help, or at least it'll offer a new procrastination tool. XD

What genre do you like to write in?

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or anyone else with a green or red username. We're here to help!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:09 am
steampowered says...

Welcome to YWS, writersblock!

This site really helped me with my writer's block when I joined, so hopefully just being able to chat and complain about the ups and downs of writing will help you considerably.

Like TriSARAHtops said, feel free to let us know if you have problems. :D
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:09 pm
RagingLive says...

Awh, so sad that you joined under these circumstances! However, I hope that we will be able to fix you up good as new!

I've never had "writer's block" but I do have a snippet from the YWS newsletter Squills for you!
Spoiler! :
If you don’t know what to write, try a freewrite. Keep your hand moving constantly for five or ten minutes (or longer, if you find your groove). Don’t know how to start? Write “I don’t know what to write” over and over until it gets so irritating that you come up with an idea just so you won’t have to keep writing “I don’t know what to write.”

To read more, go here!

See you around! :D
~RagingLive
'Cause your own story, is the safest place you'll ever be
~Echosmith

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:08 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome, welcome! I do hope you conquer that writer's block soon; I'd love to read some of your work! What genres do you usually write/read?
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:14 pm
deleted5 says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! :D I to have the block and it does suck but it passes eventually.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:22 pm
kalokawrites says...

Hi! I'm new to YWS and i love to write. If anybody would like to follow ( is that what it's called on here?) my work that would be wonderful. I will be starting my writing up very shortly ;).

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:27 pm
LordZeus says...

Welcome! I hope you beat your writer's block soon!

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:38 pm
deleted21 says...

Hello, extremely new member!

Welcome to the site and change your username and your writer's block is bound to leave!

No, I'm serious! :)

Sometimes poetry is inspired by the conversation entered into by reading other poems.
— John Barton