z

Young Writers Society

Hello, I'm Nosirrah

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:51 pm
nosirrah123 says...

Hello! I'm Nosirrah, pleased to meet you all. I found out about this site during an effort to spread my project "Children of the Pipes" across a wider range of websites. I started off on deviantart, but quickly realized that wasn't the best place to post writing.

I submitted my work to Wattpad, Writers cafe, and I intend to use Fiction Press, but so far this is definitely looking like it's going to be my favorite. There are so many talented people giving helpful criticism, which was exactly what I was looking for!

Now more about me: I'm a Junior in high school. I take very difficult classes (partial IB), but I'm trying to find the time to pursue my passion for writing. I struggle with laziness and procrastination like most teens, but I'm determined to become a better writer.

I've been working on my book, Children of the Pipes (shortened to CotP), for more than a year now. I was more than halfway done with it at one point, but I had progressed so much as a writer that I felt the need to restart it. It's MUCH better now, and I honestly think I made the right choice.

Only the first chapter of CotP has been posted here, but I'm entirely done with two and three. The reason I haven't posted them is because I want to have one final editing session before I publish them to you guys.

So, in closing, hi! I'm excited to become a part of this community. Expect to see me reviewing a lot, as nitpicking is another hobby of mine. I'd appreciate any criticism, so please, check my stuff out! I promise it's better than Twilight!

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:14 pm
burninhell says...

Hiya *waves*
I completely understand the whole procrasination side of things, but this site has helped me with that. I'll be sure to check out your chapter, I'm sure it will be amazing! I've not been here too long but so far YWS has really helped.
If you ever want anything reviewing or anything just let me know and I'll have a little looksie for you :)
But anyways, I'm talking more than I usually do, hopefully will see you around :)

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:01 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS!
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:16 pm
Steggy says...

Welcome to YWS! :D

I hope you enjoy it here as much as anyone else.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:59 pm
Lefty says...

Welcome to the site, Nosirrah! Let me know if you have any questions!

-Lefty
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:40 pm
Persistence says...

Hello, welcome to the YWS!
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:42 am
PickledChrissy says...

Welcome to YWS! I'm here if you need help! :D
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:52 am
steampowered says...

Welcome to YWS! I agree, YWS has got to be the best young writer's website out there!

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. :D
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles