Young Writers Society

Newcomer here!

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:43 pm
View Likes
SkyIsDead says...

So well, hi there.

SkyIsDead was a random guy, like most other guys, except for him being interested in writing.

Unlike most other guys.

At least, the guys who formed his friend and classmate circle in the very least.

Not their fault really, 'Elusive English' wasn't their mother tongue. Nor was it SkyIsDead's mother tongue. And yes, we're talking about the 'male' component of the word 'guys' here.

But hey, guess he read a tad bit more than the others.

Guess where others may very well have spent time gaming, social networking, watching entertaining videos and what not, SkyIsDead did the same too, except he also dabbled in the world of philosophical musings, prose, and poetry.

Even then, SkyIsDead felt he didn't read half enough. Felt he didn't write half enough.

Heck, he continues to feel that way.

This whole thing is probably an attempt at rectifying this deficiency...

SkyIsDead isn't completely confident about his skill as a writer, or whether he is properly fit of calling himself one; knowing the masterfully skilful authors who have flooded both book stores and 'The Web' with their works.

He would not mind being a relatively skilful author himself; one day get his own book or so into a nice bookshop somewhere. Being a competent writer would be not bad.

SkyIsDead doesn't know if he is worthy of being so though, or whether in his attempt he would get any of the critique, acknowledgement or perhaps slight compliment he would maybe need as a convoluted sort of 'upkeep' - to, well, avoid him from getting demoralized.

Everyone yearns for some form of recognition for something or the other.

SkyIsDead had the fear of not getting that recognition.

Even then, well, here he is.

Perhaps it is brave or courageous of him to pursue this path.

Perhaps it is folly.

Time will tell...

To sum it all up, the dumb guy is not only an outrageously compulsive perfectionist, but also a career procrastinator - along with being a stupid pessimist!

One who attempts to be a perfectionist fails so on account of procrastination; which consequently owes to them being miserable, and hence bounces them into the throes of pessimism!

Perhaps these crushing personality faults (owing probably to a myriad of cognitive disorders) could be fixed with participation in a a whole dedicated community for young writers such as he. (What, you think he isn't young? SkyIsDead has clearly gotten the whole brooding moody teenager complex mastered... :smt003 :wink: )

And then again, perhaps they could not be fixed.

Time will tell...

[Hope to enjoy your camaraderie and be a potentially regular contributor! Cheers! :D ]

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:29 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I think SkyIsDead came to the right place!

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback on your works, and if you don't, let me know and I'll try to drop you a few lines. The best way to get noticed- and there by get feedback - is to review other people's works!

I hope you come to love it here. :D
100% autistic

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:36 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Welcome to YWS! Like Holy said, I am sure you will get a lot of feedback ^^

I hope you enjoy it here as much as anyone else!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:31 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Hey, Sky! I'll just call you Sky for now. Awesome little introductory post XD

Yeah, it's sort of mandatory to give feedback here, so you'll get plenty of reviews! Once you've done five, chat with me on the chatbar! You seem like an interesting person!
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:48 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS, Sky! ^.^
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:35 pm
View Likes
deleted21 says...

Welcome to the site! We're glad to have you! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:28 pm
SkyIsDead says...

Oh wow, I had been caught up with life hence hadn't checked back here earlier, but your responses have been superbly hospitable!
Looking forward to becoming a more contributing member of the community, you lot seem nice! :D
Thanks for the advices all!

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:52 pm
View Likes
erilea says...

Hey, SkyIsDead, hope to see some of your works soon!
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?
— George Wallace