z

Young Writers Society

Hey All :)

Reviews: 4
Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:32 am
View Likes
Warnah says...

Hey YWSers (or as I remember),

As you can see my username is Warnah, but feel free to call me War or Ben if you're looking for something shorter :D

Starting with a bit about me, Warnah is just how New Englanders (spent my entire childhood up there, now a proud Texan :D) generally pronounce my last name "Warner." This has been my screen name on mostly everything for years now.

I'm a senior in high school looking to pursue a business degree in college. That being said, I actually had (I believe it's still around) an account by the username "Pilot," based on my love for planes, which is still very much alive. I hope to get a private pilot's license by the age of 25, despite zero flying experience. Just a goal of mine I've set :D. Anyways. I slowly stopped posting on here, and this is my first time visiting in over four years I believe. I was active on YWS when I was in 8th grade, so I've grown quite a bit since then.

To be honest, I haven't sat down and read a book in a long time, and I'm not too happy with myself about it. My reading and writing skills are still ahead of where I am education wise but I want to get back into that groove. It'll benefit me in the long run with business and communications, and won't hurt in finishing up high school and wherever I go to college :D

So that's why I came back here. This is the only writing forum I ever got into, and it helped push my love for reading and writing, even with how little quality work I pushed out. If it's frowned upon forgive me, but I plan on sticking to this account because I wish to separate myself from my noticeably shaky 8th grade writing back on my original account. I've grown a lot as a writer since then, so I wish to just move on and leave it in memory. But it'll forever be my true YWS origins, I suppose :D

So in sum, I've returned to reignite my love for reading and writing. It's not burning at the moment, but I know this site and community can give me the spark I'm looking for, assuming it's the friendly place I left a while back :D

A lot of my writing will be essays and reports, just for revision and critique. I remember being told years back not to be afraid to do so, and I hope a few of y'all are enthusiastic about picking apart persuasive and research writing! I'll do a lot of poking around, and review here and there. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm more than happy to comment on plot or point out anything grammar wise I can catch!

And I'll definitely be posting writing besides reports! I love to write shot stories (which I regrettably haven't done in FOREVER), so I plan on uploading drafts after draft until a majority can agree it's a "finished" piece :D. I plan to post as much as I can, but I don't like to force my writing. It's not pretty :smt003

I know that intro was lengthy, so thanks if you managed to get through all that! Hopefully it helps y'all get a good first impression of me :D I plan to stay active and grow as a writer, contributing where I can!

Good to be back and I look forward to getting to know some of you better!

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:43 pm
erilea says...

Hey, not really a welcome, but welcome anyway! XD
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:07 am
Iggy says...

Hi Ben! Welcome! :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 pm
Warnah says...

Thanks guys :)

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:41 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS! c:
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:48 pm
Warnah says...

When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet