z

Young Writers Society

Advice for a newbie?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:22 pm
View Likes
wridingislife says...

Hello! My name is Freya-Ann but you can just call me Freya or Ann or anything like that. I'm new to this whole writer's website. Is there any advice y'all can give to a new member?
I am so clever sometimes that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.
~Oscar Wilde

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:26 pm
fantasydragon01 says...

Hello. Welcome to YWS. MY advice is this: practice your writing. Don't just write when you have to do it for school. Write for fun. Write letters, paragraphs, anything you can think off. Write like you've never written before!
I'm here if you have any questions. I should like to help my fellow YWS'er. If you have any writing that you want to show me, feel free to do so. I can help you as much as I can. If you have a great passion for writing like I do, then showing it to other people for their opinions is very helpful. That being said, perhaps we could be writing buddies ( if that is possible for you) :). And perhaps I could show my works to you. Whatever seems comfortable to you.

@fantasydragon01.
"Many that live deserve death and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo?"----Gandalf

12 Reviews

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm
wridingislife says...

That would be really cool! Based on your username, I'm going to say you like fantasy? Is that your favorite genre?
I am so clever sometimes that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.
~Oscar Wilde

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:49 pm
Caesar says...

heyo, welcome to the site~

my advice is to review. A lot. Reviews improve your critical thinking when it comes to writing, which improves not only the writing of others, but also your own. YWS has many resources on reviewing. If you're interested, check out the Knowledge Base.

We also have storybooks, which are a fun way to write with a group of cool writers and maybe hammer out some stories. They function a bit differently to novels at times, the complete FAQ can be found in the Storybook forum, right at the top.

If you ever have any questions concerning anything YWS related (especially storybooks -- I love those), don't hesitate to send me a message.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

12 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:12 am
wridingislife says...

Thank you so much. This is extremely helpful!

How do the storybooks work?
~Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 0
Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:31 pm
And says...

hey wrid! Welcome to YWS!

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:13 pm
Caesar says...

wridingislife wrote:Thank you so much. This is extremely helpful!

How do the storybooks work?

@wridingislife Storybook Forum Resources contain everything you need
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

12 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:28 pm
wridingislife says...

Thanks everyone!
~Oscar Wilde

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:14 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor