z

Young Writers Society

Hello World! My name is Megan!

Reviews: 1
Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:55 pm
meggy077 says...

Hello everyone out there that is taking time out of their day to read my brief description and introduction of myself. I am sixteen years old. I am the oldest of six. I enjoy reading and writing. It allows me to escape from all the problems that the real world throws my way. I am also a big music fanatic. My favorite bands are Sublime, Fall Out Boy, Foo Fighters, and Paramore. I would love to make some friends on here to share ideas and collaborate with. I'm am up for anything. Thanks a lot! Toodles!

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:33 pm
Morrigan says...

Foo Fighters for the win!

Welcome to YWS! I hope you have a pleasant time here. What are your favorite genres to write in? Are you a poet, an essayist, or a novelist? Can't wait to see your works around the site! :)
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
LordZeus says...

Hi welcome to YWS @meggy077! I'm 15 and the oldest of three. My two younger siblings drive me crazy. how do you manage with five?? I love music too but very different bands from yours. I like Owl City, Imagine Dragons and One Republic. If you need help or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or anyone here. Everyone here is super friendly. i'm sure you'll enjoy it here as much as we do! Oh and please tell your fav reading/writing genres. Mine are fantasy, sci-fi, and dystopian. See you around!

P.S. Join a review team if you wanna participate in the contest. It's an easy way to get pts to publish your work! But hurry, today's the last day to join! I'm in team gamma.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:34 pm
meggy077 says...

Thank you guys for the welcome! My apologies for not including my preferred genre of writing. I very much enjoy writing poems and I sometimes write fantasy and sci-fi novels. I do want to major in journalism in college because I have always been interested in writing. Anything that you want to know, don't hesitate to ask. :)

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:46 pm
Tuesday says...

Welcome to YWS!

My name is also Megan. And you seem to share the same interest as me, which is awesome. Hopefully I get to see some work you do! Also have you read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:01 pm
View Likes
meggy077 says...

Megan, I can't say that I have read it. I've wanted to, but just haven't got around to it. I will, though. I don't have much on my plate anymore.

39 Reviews

Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:15 pm
LordZeus says...

I you should, its really great! Have you read the hunger games or the PJ series?

Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:35 pm
meggy077 says...

Yes I have read them, and I absolutely love them. Have you continued with the Percy Jackson story in Rick Riordan's Heroes of Olympus?

39 Reviews

Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:54 pm
LordZeus says...

Yup but I didn't like them as much. How about you? You watched the PJ movies?

Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:14 pm
meggy077 says...

I did watch the movies. I didn't like them as much as the books. The movies were missing key parts that the books had.

39 Reviews

Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:12 am
LordZeus says...

Ikr and they added parts that were never there in the books. The books had so much potential. In my opinion, they screwed up the job. Did you like HOO as much as PJ? I didn't, though I though they were nice.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:44 pm
meggy077 says...

I like that HOO goes more into detail with the prophecy. There is no way that any seven half-bloods from the PJ books would fit in with it. I just like that Rick Riordan decided to carry on and elaborate on who the prophecy consisted of.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:22 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Green Day!! <3

Welcome to YWS! :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming