z

Young Writers Society

Hi Guys/Gals!

Random avatar

Reviews: 101
Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:20 pm
View Likes
ParanormalMyth says...

Hey! I'm ParanormalMyth, but you can call me Myth, or my nickname, Bry! I'm so glad to be here! I've been writing avidly for about a year, but on and off for about 5 years. My writing skills are pretty bad, honestly. I'm terrible at describing things, or having any length. But that's why I came here! I really want to be an author when I grow up, and write books for Children/Young Adults. I also want to run a animal rescue.
I just recently finished a rough draft of a story, that is definitely rough. But I hope to post it someday and get some help in making it better!
I'm not the best at reviewing things... But I hope I'll be able to get better! I don't think I've actually reviewed a story before..
My favorite genre is Fantasy. I also enjoy Dystopian, Horror, and pretty much anything that is Nonfiction or Poetry. Poetry is definitely not a friend of mine.
A few more random things about things about me are,
•I love the colors Black, Forest Green, and Navy Blue!
•I strongly support LGBT+ rights. (I could talk about that for a long time..)
•My favorite series is The Hunger Games! (How original :P)
•I'm excited to make friends here!
Well, I think that's all I have to say about myself!
Too much blood had flown from the wrist
Of children shamed for those they choose to kiss

274 Reviews

Reviews: 274
Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:26 pm
cleverclogs says...

Welcome to YWS! Sounds like you'll fit right in! :D
In the beginning, the universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams

This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:26 pm
Tuesday says...

Hi there and welcome to YWS!

I love Fantasy too! Horror sometimes (depends on that mood I am in) also I love Poetry. I love the color blue and green (all of the colors seems to be my favorite).
Also everyone thinks their writing is uber horrible but after sometime of writing, your skills get better so basically just takes practice to write well. Most people don't write perfectly. Same goes describing (i have that issue sometimes but practice!).
I also want to be an author when I am older (also actress and teacher :P)

Welcome to YWS once again and hope you enjoy it here! Also if you have any questions, ask me or someone in green!
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

Random avatar

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:41 pm
ParanormalMyth says...

Thank you both so much!! :D

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:01 pm
Harker says...

Welcome to YWS, Paranormal! If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help out. :D
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:21 pm
Evander says...

Greetings, Myth! Welcome to the grand site of YWS.

YWS is a great place for improving your writing skills, so I am glad that you joined! Review Day is coming up in a few days, which means that we'll all be critiquing everyone's works. So if you want to join in on the reviewing fun, I suggest that you'd join a team! Reviewing helps you earn points so that you can post more works for feedback!

Uh, can I say that your favorite colors are awesome? My hair right now is a fading shade of green, but I was originally aiming for a forest green or emerald green.

Hope you have a great time here!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

Random avatar

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:38 pm
ParanormalMyth says...

@IronSpark , Thank you!

@AdrianMoon , Thank You! I will definitely look into joining a Review Team! That's so cool, about your hair! I'm actually getting mine dyed on my birthday, and I'm super excited!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:05 pm
LordZeus says...

OMG you are almost exactly like a girl version of me! Except I'd add sea blue to the list of fav colours, and my joint favorite series are the hunger games and the percy jackson series. Anyway, welcome to YWS @ParanormalMyth! If you have any questions, pls don't hesitate to ask anyone here. i've only been here for about six weeks, but if you wanna ask me anything, pls post on my wall. oh and pls tell your age unless you don't wanna. And where you're from. I'm way too curious, I know. See (or rather read) you around!

P.S. Good luck for review day! you're gonna need it if you want to beat us gammas!

Random avatar

Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:36 pm
ParanormalMyth says...

LordZeus wrote:OMG you are almost exactly like a girl version of me! Except I'd add sea blue to the list of fav colours, and my joint favorite series are the hunger games and the percy jackson series. Anyway, welcome to YWS @ParanormalMyth! If you have any questions, pls don't hesitate to ask anyone here. i've only been here for about six weeks, but if you wanna ask me anything, pls post on my wall. oh and pls tell your age unless you don't wanna. And where you're from. I'm way too curious, I know. See (or rather read) you around!

P.S. Good luck for review day! you're gonna need it if you want to beat us gammas!

Well hello there, guy version of me! Sea blue is a nice color, I'd say I like most blues! Did I hear 'Percy Jackson'?! I'm absolutely obsessed with that series, and the Heroes Of Olympus. (Nico di Angelo freak here, ;) ) Lets see, I'm about to be 14, in September! And I'm from the USA, North Carolina to be specific. Thanks for the welcome!! :)

P.S. I'm gonna need that luck, I'm horrible at reviews!

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:00 pm
View Likes
Pan says...

Welcome, Myth! I hope you enjoy the site, and I hope that we'll become great pals. If you want, message me or PM me, and I'll chat with you about anything. My sister @Shiney and I are really friendly, so we don't bite.
It's a lot to adjust to at first if you're not used to everyone bombarding you with love, but trust me- it's wonderful once you get used to it.
And if you're feeling particularly chatty, stop by the chat room- there should usually be someone in there.
On a different note, I'd love to read some work of yours, so I can't wait for that.
Once again, Welcome, and I hope you have friends.
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

Random avatar

Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:11 pm
ParanormalMyth says...

Thank you, @Pan! I may have to check out the chat room, even though I tend to be sorta shy. But something about the Internet makes me a lot more open to being myself. Especially with how nice everyone seems here!!
I am excited to post some work of mine in the future! I'm just trying to find some work to review first. There's so many options, :smt119 .

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:27 pm
Pan says...

That's rough, too. Knowing where to start. Browse through the sections. Find something in the genres you're comfortable with- Fantasy? Dystopia? As long as you know what the characteristics of the genre you're reviewing are, you're good. Then take a peek at the review sandwich.
If you want, I can find a link to it and give it to you.
Go through the green room- you get extra points for older works.

Seriously, if you EVER need anything, message me.
I can be your pseudo big sis.
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:34 pm
LordZeus says...

Erm...sorry to drop in on your conversation, but if you're looking for anything to review Myth, then please try my works. I write sci-fi and dystopian. i've published the prologue and first two chapters of my novel here, and they are older works, so you'll get easy pts on them.

P.S. since you told me your age, I'll tell you mine. I am a year older than you. and I live in India, but i was born in USA (NYC to be precise).

See you around @ParanormalMyth!

P.S.S What is your opinion on the Heroes of olympus series, as compared to PJ? there are a lot of varying answers that I've got to this question.

Random avatar

Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:36 pm
ParanormalMyth says...

Thank you both so much!!!
@Pan, I'll definitely take your advice into consideration!
@LordZeus, I'll make sure to check out your work! As for the Heroes Of Olympus, I'll message you, I can talk about it for hours, Haha. :D

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:18 pm
Ciblio says...

Hey! Just dropping in to say hi and welcome. I saw my sister mentioned me in here (@Pan), so I figured I should at least say something. I hope you find everything to your liking! And if you have an questions about anything, feel free to message anyone online. I'm absolutely sure that they'll help you.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero