z

Young Writers Society

Last but not least...

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:42 am
Lorelie says...

Hi YWSers,

So I finally posted my work, changed avatar, posted to my review day team and got two pretty reviews. Now I'm going to peacefully... *dies*

-Lorelie

PS I couldn't resist to not make my first review before review day, so 500 points yay :smt029
There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.
— Mary Kay Ash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Heya Lorelie, thanks for your contribution for the Review Day team. The theme with avatars, was really fun and I think that most people enjoyed it. Out of curiosity,I was wondering: which team were you on?

Also, if you ever need any help or guidance please feel free to PM me, and I will try my best to answer you. (btw, what bird is on your avvie?). Here is my all time favorite video on how to critique and so forth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgFE2W9qICo&feature=youtu.be
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

16 Reviews

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:34 am
Lorelie says...

Heya Pretzelsing,

I was on Earth Kingdom. *is proud of their 2 reviews trophy* It wasn't really my element, but we almost won (before water rooted us to the ground). I wonder if Water won, it definitely washed away all our dreams *ah, the uncertainty* Well, it must be... somewhere :?:

Thank you so much for the support (not much for now but... we'll see :smt003) It's a Crested Lark (not very Earthy but who cares :arrow: :smt015

Umm, baddawweiiii... where are the BBCode buttons for reviewing? I'm using my PM editor for the moment (for preview and so forth) :smt004 aand it worrrks!

Oh, and nice video, by the way! I almost grabbed some popcorn (if I had some) but it turned out to be really interesting, especially the way it can apply both to giving and taking reviews :) But I wonder if it's really that simple (write, hear, edit). I'm really awful at writing (and lazy) so I need a lot of preparation first (and procrastination) and I hate to edit (why destroy such a beautiful thing :smt010 ), BUT I love to review (maybe too much).

Somehow I'll regret this tomorrow, but can you please make one of your reviews for me??

0 Prologue between the click of a light and the start of a dream

Oh and I just discovered I'd be an Earth Kingdom spy (working for... the Water Kingdom :smt032 )

Rydia wrote:Either choose for yourself or take this quiz to let us know which nation you support!

Oo-er it's getting late... Time to go :smt006
There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.
— Mary Kay Ash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:38 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

Hello and welcome!

For your information, I was the Water Tribe captain and I am very offended that you would spy for us oh who am I kidding, welcome to the family :P

As for using BBCode in reviews, there's not an advanced box for that, but using your PM editor definitely works! There's also The Big Book of YWS Codes, which has a list of the BBCode that's supported on the site, in case you ever want to do something but don't know how~

You'll fit in great on the site :P If you have any big questions, feel free to make a post in the Questions and Answers subforum or PM them to someone in light green, dark green, or red; we're moderators and administrators, and we're here to make your stay on YWS an awesome one~
stay off the faerie paths

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:16 pm
LadySpark says...

Welcome to YWS! :)
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

16 Reviews

Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:30 am
Lorelie says...

Hey @Arkhaion and @LadySpark,

Thank you for passing by. I was wondering if any of you could review grammar for my first work. I've got an intriguing first review... This is for you too, @Pretzelsing

I was really thrown off that my heart was Water and that I'd better keep Earth away. Damn those pesky tests :D I can't complain about my Team though (oh can I?)

Thanks for the links, I've been trying those codes a lot... really (too tired to use them now though)

Okay, follow me for nuts...
— Mary Kay Ash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:40 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Welcome to the YWS. ^^
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:42 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome to YWS!

Congrats on doing such a good job with your first review day. :D That's awesome.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:18 am
Apricity says...

My extremely belated welcome to you, welcome to YWS!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:53 am
Lightsong says...

Welcome Lorelie. I can tell you're an enthusiastic reviewer. e.e
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:37 am
fukase says...

Hey! Hey!

Welcome!

*just walking on by....
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

16 Reviews

Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:53 am
View Likes
Lorelie says...

Yay so many replies from yewis with so many... *checks that no one's reading this* nice signatures!!!

@ThereseCricket+@Lightsong Stop it, you're embarrasing me ^^

@Flite I guess it's never too late to welcome somebody (and/or to bump a thread e.e )

@Iggy Thank you! (This also goes to everyone else tagged, I don't need to spam you with tags (tags tags evrywheere!)

So, meet my second work. I'm so inviting you to dig in (all of you, except @Holofernes):

1 Too early might as well be worse than too late

I will leave you in with my next evil plan...

I'm planning on creating a thread (second thread whoo!) asking people things about how an Ambivert INFP would behave (about love/school/. I was thinking of posting some useful links (short tests and accurate tests AND type descriptions) in pairs (you're never alone) but I'm having a hard time picking the right way to start. All I'm asking for is help, I don't want to start it here on this thread *is watching you*

Spoiler! :
It's for my novel, so why notttt?

@NicolMemo You did come here. Thanks!

I'll shut up now (not really).

PS I'm also thinking of creating a club for yewis who get lazy after their second star (14 to go... for me)
— Mary Kay Ash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)