z

Young Writers Society

I guess this is Welcome Back more than Welcome. Hi!

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:11 pm
View Likes
VincentOfEngland says...

It's been a long while, YWS. I remember coming here when I was 12, so fascinated by writing and how passionate some teenage writers were. I wrote some of my own works, and I was proud of them. Looking back now, they are very cringe worthy and something I'd never want to share with anybody. I was going through a lot of stuff back then, I had recently lost my Dad and it affected my writing to a degree. I also had the effect of literally all those teenage hormones in my head influencing my writing, which wasn't fun.

But, I guess, I'm back now. I don't know if I'm here to stay. Honestly, I've lost touch with my writing and I feel guilty for it. It was one of the only mediums I could express myself with and I lost it. I let games take over my life for a while, League of Legends, mostly. (I don't recommend it, honestly. It's just frustrating to play in the long run.) In that time I stopped reading and stopped writing stories. I'm just trying to grasp at ideas of how I could 'relearn' writing, I guess.

Most of the stuff I attempt to write, I lose confidence with. I'll get past my intro, thinking about how I can expand it from there and I honestly just struggle to come up with anything. It's like that childlike creativity I had is gone. All I see are flaws in whatever I write, and it's hard to come to terms with the fact that I've lost confidence in something I used to love doing.

There's me though, I guess. Sorry for the depressing welcome post. Also, if any other fellow 2010ers are still here give us a shout, I might recognize you.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:44 pm
Lava says...

Hello! I don't remember you (what was your username then?) but hi, I'm Lava!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:35 am
Iggy says...

Welcome back! I hope you stick around. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:12 pm
EternalRain says...

Welcome back, hopefully you're here to stay and you'll be able to get in the swing of things with writing and such. :smt024 :smt020 :smt006 :smt023
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye