z

Young Writers Society

Alright.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:25 am
Velvet0Alchemy says...

I'm not sure why I keep joining forums. All I do is read other people's stuff without commenting and play games.

Hi, I'm Velvet LaFleur, better known as 'that redhead who talks like a book' or 'the anime girl who's always at the library' to both the highschoolers and college kids in the previous town I lived in. I'd like to write, but I always get sick of my ideas and scrap it before I have a clear path carved out. Occasionally, I'll sit and answer questions about a plot, or just run with a scene idea, but then again, I also occasionally fancy myself to be a proper lady. Or some super-awesome steampunk crafter/seamstress.

I'm on another forum for writers, too, but it's a little slow. Mostly, I skulk about, casually reading things and hoping to absorb some awesome into my awesomnemic brain. I'm too ashamed of my own pathetic commentaries unless in the midst of a game of drabbles, or I feel like I did really really really super great. Which isn't often.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:34 am
Lavvie says...

Hey Velvet!

Welcome to YWS! You seem like a cool person. :D

If you have any questions/comments/concerns, feel free to ask almost anybody. Although, keep an eye out for the people in green - they're moderators and most likely can help you with almost anything.

See you around!

Lav

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:07 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Heya and welcome to YWS. I'm sure that you are going to find a lot of book-lovers and anime-lovers on here. To help that interest and let you chat about it with other members,I suggest joining a club.The club button up top is right next to the forums,and so you click on that and choose which one you want.

What is your favorite genre to read/write?

Hope that you enjoy your time and your stay here. Sit down,buckle up,and enjoy the ride!

/Pretzel/
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:51 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS, Velvet! Hope you have a great time here~
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:00 am
Velvet0Alchemy says...

Thanks everyone!

I'm mostly into fantasy stuff. And not that into anime. I'm into Japanese fashions and taught myself the language. I need more practice, especially reading.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:56 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS!
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

"When a body moves, it's the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I'll tell you who you are."
— Mikhail Baryshnikov